Status
Not open for further replies.

aapl76

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
新加坡/Singapore
redtailfool said:
No its cool.. i just dont like how we only have feeder goldfish available as feeders here in the us. And minnows. Small tropicals rules as feeders!
take it easy brudder....you have feeder goldfish, its better than none right? :)

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
aapl76 said:
take it easy brudder....you have feeder goldfish, its better than none right? :)

Actually none is better than goldfish . Goldfish and red rosies contains thiaminase
an enzyme or chemical compound that destroys vitamin B1. I would rather feed something pellets or shrimps than feeder that are high in fats and would rob your fish of vit b1. :mad:

aapl76

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
新加坡/Singapore
redtailfool said:
Actually none is better than goldfish . Goldfish and red rosies contains thiaminase
an enzyme or chemical compound that destroys vitamin B1. I would rather feed something pellets or shrimps than feeder that are high in fats and would rob your fish of vit b1. :mad:
i fully agree with you...since there are no other alternatives, you may wish to add additional supplement for vit B1 if need to.... :shakehead

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
aapl76 said:
i fully agree with you...since there are no other alternatives, you may wish to add additional supplement for vit B1 if need to.... :shakehead
Sorry to derail!

Yeah you can add but they are also known to contain parasites and other disease.Its really now worth it for regular feedings. I use it once in a while.

aapl76

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
新加坡/Singapore
redtailfool said:
Sorry to derail!

Yeah you can add but they are also known to contain parasites and other disease.Its really now worth it for regular feedings. I use it once in a while.
true....anchor worms are regulars with goldfishes.... :swear: i make sure i quarantine all my feeders b4 i feed them to my fishes.... :)

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
Nope! No Feeding FEEDER GOLDFISH for Me! :headshake

Lost my old Obscura due to feeders!! Major, major parasite breakout!! I was furious! :mad: Since then, I swore to never feed feeder goldfish again!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store