My daughter's Fire Eel

David K. Bradley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Sonny - That is an awesome looking fire eel. Beautiful markings, excellent contrast of color, too. Have you always had a facination for eels, more so than other aquatic life? I've had my share of water mocasins (WM's) in my younger days, and I look at eels, somewhat in the same light and to a certain degree as the WM's. What is it about them that drew your interest to them and why?

MonsterMinis;4725077; said:
Just to warn you. I originally tried 2 myself and 1 killed the other. the same one I now keep with 2 others. haveing the 2 subordinate ones in the tank kept the aggression divied up enough to allow neither to be harassed over-much. and still does. btw sounds like a fair trade imo. we have one at work approx 12"+ thats selling for 30$ ( which is cheap around here but usually they go for around 60$ that size)
MonsterMinis: you say you have one at your place of employment for sale? Where do you work, at a LFS in WI? If not what type of work do you do? :D

Sonny503

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Fish room most of the time.
I sold the eel in preparation of getting a 300 30" wide tank. the Eel went to my friend, who has a 460 Gallon tank, which is better suited for the 26" eel. I will be getting a trio of smaller eels to grow out.

The friendliness of the eel is what drew me to the eel.. and the fact that my daughter loves it, is also why I got one.

I bought a 6-7 inch fire eel several months back, and now it's close to 9-10" already. it's is growing like crazy. I feed it mainly blood worms, shrimp and earth worms.

Loves severums

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2009
Michigan
Sonny503;4962943; said:
I sold the eel in preparation of getting a 300 30" wide tank. the Eel went to my friend, who has a 460 Gallon tank, which is better suited for the 26" eel. I will be getting a trio of smaller eels to grow out.

The friendliness of the eel is what drew me to the eel.. and the fact that my daughter loves it, is also why I got one.

I bought a 6-7 inch fire eel several months back, and now it's close to 9-10" already. it's is growing like crazy. I feed it mainly blood worms, shrimp and earth worms.
^ any pics?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store