My dream tank is hear!

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Hey guys
I cannot explain how excited I am for this monster tank to be finally within reach. All of the saving, breeding, and snow shoveling has payed off, my dream tank is here!
The tank is an aqueon 300 wide
Its 6' long, 28" high, and a crazy 3' wide!
Today was the first time I've ever seen one of these tanks in person and its so much larger in person than I could have ever expected.
Unfortunately, for scheduling reasons, I cant get the 300 into my house until next sunday, so until then it'll just sit in the lfs, making me more and more excited.
Apperrently its the biggest tank they have ever had in their store for the entire 45+ years they've been open. I have some serious bragging rights now .
Anyway, here is the tank, all boxed up:
300gallon 8:03:15 1.JPG 300gallon 8:03:15 bucket comparison.JPG
And here is the stand, still boxed up aswell
300gallonstand 8:03:15.JPG
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Xmas in June!

Congrats, Bro!

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Thanks man!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Yes Dan that's a beast bro congratulations mate I bet Sunday cat come quick enough , I too have just set my new 180 up so I'm all smiles :D biggest I could fit in my house In the space I had (it looks massive though lol )

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Yes Dan that's a beast bro congratulations mate I bet Sunday cat come quick enough , I too have just set my new 180 up so I'm all smiles :D biggest I could fit in my house In the space I had (it looks massive though lol )
Thanks Evz, it really cant :D
Here are some clearer pics:
300gallonboxgoodpic 2.JPG 300gallonboxgoodpic 3.JPG 300gallonstandinbox.JPG

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
What you doing for filtration ? Is that yours on top of tank ?

Hoplo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
New Zealand
Yay. Getting the new big tank is always exiting. And the feeling that the tank is massive is always great. I have always found that after a month or so it stops feeling large, and starts feeling small (no matter the tank size that it is), which is a shame.

How are you planning on filtering that beast, and what are you stocking it with?

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Yay. Getting the new big tank is always exiting. And the feeling that the tank is massive is always great. I have always found that after a month or so it stops feeling large, and starts feeling small (no matter the tank size that it is), which is a shame.

How are you planning on filtering that beast, and what are you stocking it with?
Thanks, yah I'm pretty excited. The "it seems big for a month and then it starts to feel small" happened with just about all my tanks.
The filtration is going to be 8 xp3s, a 40 wet/dry gallon sump, and a 20 gallon refugium. If I cant sell my ehiem 2260 it'll be 6 xp3s and the ehiem instead of the 8 xp3s.
The initial stock will be my male marble motoro stingray and my female b14 x bd / pearl based hybrid female stingray, my silver aro, and 50+/- endlers live bearers (they add lots of movement and every once and a while a small snack for the main stock) but I plan on having 4-6 rays, the silver aro, the endlers, some kind of large south american catfish, and a few mid water predators (depending on the midwater predator, I might have to ditch the endlers).

Reactions: J. H.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store