My first ever castexi pup

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Can you get night crawlers. My new marble pups took to them right off. Cut into small 1/4" pieces.

If you order blackworms, they will be there with in a day or two depending where you live. Its been years since Ive ordered them, so looked and man prices have went up since last I ordered a pound or 2 of them.

Reactions: Gpdriftwood

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
Can you get night crawlers. My new marble pups took to them right off. Cut into small 1/4" pieces.

If you order blackworms, they will be there with in a day or two depending where you live. Its been years since Ive ordered them, so looked and man prices have went up since last I ordered a pound or 2 of them.
Yes, prices on blackworms via mail seem insane right now. I will grab some crawlers at the bait shop today. The redworms I tried are just small crawlers, but might as well try. Thx man.

Reactions: ShadowStryder

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Yes, prices on blackworms via mail seem insane right now. I will grab some crawlers at the bait shop today. The redworms I tried are just small crawlers, but might as well try. Thx man.
I know the red worms here are different than crawlers. They even smell different when cutting them up. I would try them on new pups/rays I bought and they never worked. Cut up a crawler and they would be on them. They sell redworms, baby night crawlers and large night crawlers locally here.

GL

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
I know the red worms here are different than crawlers. They even smell different when cutting them up. I would try them on new pups/rays I bought and they never worked. Cut up a crawler and they would be on them. They sell redworms, baby night crawlers and large night crawlers locally here.

GL
Thx again man. Headed back to the bait shop in a few minutes. I usually use crawlers when I buy a new Ray. I thought I would try the reds since they were smaller. Didn't think there was much difference. See what happens...

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
Got some crawlers, she showed no interest either. But she finally just ate. Frozen bloodworms r what she finally went for. Hopefully she keeps it up, and I'm in the clear.

Reactions: Bigfishnut

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Gpdriftwood Gpdriftwood , my current litter of hybrid pups didnt want to take anything either including earthworms which was a first for us as all pups pounce on earthworms
My son was feeding some sardine to the big rays and we cut some up very small and voila they pounced on the sardine.
Im not sure if its the strong smell of the sardine but it worked and at least here its not expensive at all

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
Gpdriftwood Gpdriftwood , my current litter of hybrid pups didnt want to take anything either including earthworms which was a first for us as all pups pounce on earthworms
My son was feeding some sardine to the big rays and we cut some up very small and voila they pounced on the sardine.
Im not sure if its the strong smell of the sardine but it worked and at least here its not expensive at all
Thank you very much for the advice. Much appreciated. She finally went for nightcrawlers on Tuesday. I think she's solid now hopefully. Producing waste, and getting more aggressive. Thx again.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Glad to see she is eating.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store