My first Madagascan cichlid

Cross127

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2006
CT
Well of about 10 years or so of keeping fish I finally got myself a Madagascan cichlid. I am more of the CA kind of guy but I heard a store had some Bleekeri in and couldn't pass it up. It has some nice large gold spots and is getting it's black coloring in as it is only 2" right now. It's with a 2" Female GT in a 29 gallon until both reach 4" then they will go into a 55 gallon then to a 125/ So far both of them behave PERFECT like a match made in heaven lol. I didn't think the Bleekeri would eat when he was put into the tank but the GT grab a big chunk of Bloodworms and the " Large spot" came and took it right out of her mouth lol.

Cdog

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2007
Washington
I too just purchased a bleekeri a few weeks ago. Cool fish. It is right now in a 90 with a couple Jacks, Butti, 2 tex's and a few others. It will have to go into a bigger tank soon as the butti will start getting very aggressive the bigger it gets.

x0x0x0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2007
Socal
Congrats on your bleekeri. I'm more the paretroplus type but i got my first one a few weeks ago. I got a Paretroplus Petiti or Dambabe.. name still in debate...

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Cool man, just got my first too. Pics coming!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store