My First Motoro's first litter

ufarooqi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Pakistan
I have moved them to their own tank now, its an 18 Gallon, with one internal filter, i hope thats enough for them for now untill they start feeding are are moved to the bigger tank. any comments and feedback is welcome as this is the first time for me so i could use all the advice available.

ufarooqi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Pakistan
my female stingray gave birth about 24 hours ago but is not eating anything till now, is that normal? she is breathing fine and all other fish in the tank are behaving well too,

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
I would look on cregslist and try to find s cheap used tank? 18 gallons is too small IMO. Or even a giant tub?

Sent from my LG-P999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ufarooqi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Pakistan
Yes she has started eating now and seems to be getting back to her routine self, she is still separate from the male (since 11 days now) and i intend to remove the partition in a week from now.

Ill move them to the bigger tank once they are a month old, they are doing fine in the small tank for now as i dont have more space for another tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

eklikewhoa

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2012
Nha Trang, Vietnam
10" growth in a year! that's awesome!

So that would be safe to say they reached maturity in a year?

I can't wait to be able to share the same joys you are having right now!

Peckoltia

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
Congrats on your first pups.

I would organize a larger tank for the pups. 18gal is a small volume of water, because of this your water parameters will fluctuate quickly with the stingrays producing waste, especially with only an internal filter for filtration.

I use a 4'x3'x18" for my pup tank.

ufarooqi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Pakistan
yes , they did reach maturity in a year, while the male slowed down after 8 inch and is still at 10 but mature, wish you best of luck with your breeding,...

10" growth in a year! that's awesome!

So that would be safe to say they reached maturity in a year?

I can't wait to be able to share the same joys you are having right now!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store