My first planted cichlid tank

tiger15

Aimara
Original poster
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
The plants look great. I really like those sailfin mollies too.
Sailfin mollies re wonderful addition to planted tank as they graze algae off plants and not too small. But I had to grow them out to size before introduction to avoid predation. I used to regard live bearers cichlid food until I keep plants. They do well in my tank as I set it up with dolomite substrate for hard water cichlid. I like the wild type over line bred hybrids that resemble pearl gourami with silvery body and gold throat..

Here is a video of a big male displaying.

Reactions: MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Sailfin mollies re wonderful addition to planted tank as they graze algae off plants and not too small. But I had to grow them out to size before introduction to avoid predation. I used to regard live bearers cichlid food until I keep plants. They do well in my tank as I set it up with dolomite substrate for hard water cichlid. I like the wild type over line bred hybrids that resemble pearl gourami with silvery body and gold throat..

Here is a video of a big male displaying.
Nice! Thank you for posting that video. I might have to look for some sailfins once my african fry are done growing out. They look very beautiful and entertaining.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store