My first ray! Impulse buy... Can ya blame me?

hereticlosmorte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Ontario, Canada
20g is hooked up to 75g running 2 mag350s and 60g hob filters
k, you can go a bit longer than daily changes :p

best thing for it at this point besides clean water is to just drop a truckload of blackworms in the tank and let him eat on his own. leave the lights off and possibly even put a towel over the front of the tank so it doesn't get spooked/stressed.

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
Yes! He is definitely eating the blackworms. I can see his bowels fill from underside. I do have to 'shoe' him over the food to get him to eat it though. Maybe watch his belly and feed accordingly???

Crazyfish88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2009
BC, Canada
Shoe him over to the food? He must be very weak. That would stress him out even more if u have to push him to the food... I would definitely return it and look for a new healthier ray.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
A 20gal? Man thats like putting a cat in a shoebox, i can barely stomach this thread. Its so sad and just shows society in its worst when it comes to profit. Any fish store knows this ray is 90% dead and needs immediate attention unless the employees are blind...

Its not ALL your fault, ill give u that.

Id say f off w/ the cichlids and put him in the 125 but then again another move is risky....

#1 S. Vettel

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
He swims around and even plays in the current but he doesn't pay attention to worms unless they are right under him.

jstavis

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
Madison, WI
Who knows? If they don't deal with rays that much then they could easily have no clue that they weren't supposed to look like that. The OP doesn't seem like a bad guy and he thought this ray looked like a cool enough animal to spend over one hundred dollars on it. To us it looks horribly emaciated-- to someone without a trained eye then it might not be so clear. That being said, it'd be nice if the LFS did a little more research-- it's not like there's no way to find this information.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Oh and yes i can blam u to answer ur Q.

I admire inquisitive minds and adventurous spirits but not ignorant ppl dropping 100$+ w/o even knowing its compatibility or its current health......

#1 S. Vettel

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store