My first ray!!

riskistang

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
North Aurora, IL 60542
What size tank do you have it in......If I am not mistaken it gets up to 20"....Im sure someone else will confirm this....

I feed mine Blackworms, red wigglers, and fresh Talapia.....They go nuts for the fresh fish :thumbsup:

If your tank is over 100gal for the first year it should do good....but think about a bigger foot print tank....wider instead of taller..... :thumbsup:

40 bucks was a steal for him :naughty:

Good luck....post a few pictures of your set up.....

To resixe you photos go to your photoshop program and just find RESIZE....then save :thumbsup:

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
My LFS did not have any black worms so I went to walmart and bought some wigglers (small worms for trout and panfish). I dropped a whole worm in first and the ray pounced on it like he does the ghost shrimp, but after a few seconds I guess he did not like it and shot to the other side of the tank. After a few minutes of him being scared everytime he got close to the whole worm I decided to chop it into small pieces. I then dropped those into the tank and he did the same thing. He went for it then swam away. I guess if after tomorrow he doesnt eat these I will go back to ghost shrimp.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
nice lookin ray

dapike1979

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Guelph, Ontario
Very nice!! Very nice!! :clap :clap

dapike1979

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Guelph, Ontario
Very nice!! I like it's tail!! I wish i could pick up stingray's for 40$$ LUCKY!!

Try Earth worms. I like to see them fight it!!

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Yeah $40 is a good price. The same guy had guayana rays for $50, I think they are humerosa. Are they good rays?

So far the ray wont eat worms. He actually seems scared of them! In due time I think he will eat them though. I love feeding him ghost shrimp because it is so fun to watch him sneak up on the shrimp and pounce on them like a tiger! Alsmot as fun as my Ps during feeding time!

RAYKEYPR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2006
CAMBRIA, MICHIGAN
CONGRATS!!!!

I HAVE HAD MY RAYS FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS NOW. THEY ARE A WONDERFUL ADDITION TO ANY HOBBIEST. I REALLY HOPE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET A LOT LARGER TANK IN THE NEAR FUTURE(MAYBE A YEAR) MINE GREW OUT OF THE 180, THEY HAD A HARD TIME TURNING AROUND. I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO BREED MINE FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS NOW. AND I JUST FINALLY GOT TO WATCH THEM BREED FOR THE FIRST TIME YESTERDAY. STILL WAITING ON AN ACTUAL LIVE BIRTH WATCH THOUGH. YES I AM SICK SOMETIMES.
I HOPE YOURS BRINGS YOU THE JOY AND SATISFACTION THAT MINE HAS TO ME.

TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store