My first true monster

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I found my oldest Angel on the bottom of the tank this morning. By the time I saw her it was too late to do anything; I saw her last breath. It's sad to see her go, as she was one of the fish I started the hobby with.

Although she did pass away, I don't think the Mota was to blame. There was no damage on the Angel's body or fins, which there likely would have been if the Mota attacked her. If more fish die, then I will start to look at the mota as the cause of the deaths. Until then I hope the Angel just died of natural causes.
Sorry for the loss man.

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
Sorry to hear about the loss of your fish... Just be on the lookout... You say your mota is becoming less shy that may also correlate to him being more aggressive to your other fish ... sudden unforeseen death of a fish that was acting fine usually caused by those nighttime attacks that these fish can do,......

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
4 month update on the RTM ~

It's been 1/3 of a year and still no issues. The RTM has become even less territorial than before, not even chasing fish away anymore. He's also become a lot less shy towards me. If I walk up to the tank, he'll come up to the front after about 10 seconds. I'll try to get pics once he gives me a good angle to work with.

Reactions: jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store