My fish are dumb

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I must admit years ago probably said stupid fish lol. I was very green at fishkeeping at one point. Why do some of us blame the fish for what we have done?
1. My fish hides during the day.
2. My fish stays at the bottom of aquarium.
3. My fish ate a tankmate.
4. My fish ate my plants.
Tbh it isn't the fish fault at all because we put them in the aquarium. This forum has taught me so much but even researching on the internet prior could help. All fish species are different and have their own behavioral habits due to the natural environment from where they come from.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Every silver dollar keeper knows #4.
I have to say Tlindsey, you are right about this place teaching us, the people here are a unique mix of people that each have their own hand that they bring to the table.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I must have the dumbest fish of all, considering its sometimes days in between seeing them

Reactions: tlindsey

Poseidon2.0

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY, USA.
I put a small air stone in my oscars tank yesterday. He immediately ate it and stayed there with the hose and a stream of bubbles coming out of his mouth staring definitely at me as if to say, “you put this thing in my tank buddy, don’t you dare call me stupid!” Ha. He spit it out after a while and I quickly removed it.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Agreed! I think it's just people not understanding how fish react to their environments most of the time. The goal of the fish is not to be good, outgoing, happy pets for us; it's to stay alive! If we want outgoing happy pets, we have to provide an environment that makes them feel comfortable enough to be that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store