my fish

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
well, they are not in the genus Cyphotilapia... frontosa is the only one in the genus. I don't know if the others have any distant relationship to frontosa or not. Also, their specific epithet is not frontosa, which is prolly the most damning evidence of all that they are not in fact frontosa.

sephir420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
the tank is 55 gal. it should be bigger but right now i am straped for $. hoping to build an acrylic tank to fit my 90gal stand but im going to make it 2 1/2 - 3' tall. not sure on how many gal that will hold but it should be sweet. that front is a lookalike. it is a tretocephalus, not sure on what type. i have had him since he was about 3/4". got him for $6 i beleave. the store i got him from has since gone out of business, they now only do wholesale. i was going to breed the diplidecromus compresicep but the 2 females i had got some bacteria infection and it killed them verry fast, about 24 hours. i was shocked. i now have some baby bushy nose plecose that are cool. also going to try and get some female calvus so i can breed them. i alternate there feeding. i feed spirolina in the morning every 3 days. at night i feed spectrum cichlid formula, and ocasionaly blood worms or brine shrimp.

my father-in-law is curently breeding tropius. morago, and 2 others. cant remember there names :hitting:. he just sold his 250 gal acrylic we built because it was 2 big. (like any fish tank can be to big. lol) even though my wife thinks anything over 90gal is to big :mad:.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store