My giant goby (Gobius cobitis) thread!

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
For those of you who don't know the giant goby (Gobius cobitis) is a goby, popular sportsfish, vicious predator, and basically a smaller more managable marble sleeper goby. It is native to europe and found in every habitat imaginable. They live in brackish and salt water, especially tidepools, but have been reported to live in full fresh in some instances. I think? I will be the first to keep this species in MFK history! Join me for the ride!

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
For those of you who don't know the giant goby (Gobius cobitis) is a goby, popular sportsfish, vicious predator, and basically a smaller more managable marble sleeper goby. It is native to europe and found in every habitat imaginable. They live in brackish and salt water, especially tidepools, but have been reported to live in full fresh in some instances. I think? I will be the first to keep this species in MFK history! Join me for the ride!
I have kept this species before. They are more of a omnivore than predator, they also did not do well in freshwater. The fish are not related to marble gobys the are one of the larger growing true gobies. I have kept these as well as a few other large growing true gobies.

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
I have kept this species before. They are more of a omnivore than predator, they also did not do well in freshwater. The fish are not related to marble gobys the are one of the larger growing true gobies. I have kept these as well as a few other large growing true gobies.
where did you get them from

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store