My guppy tank

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Went to the fish swap this past Sunday and got about a dozen fancy guppies for only $5.
I was in a rush to go to my friends house for the packer game so I threw them in a breeder net in my big tank not thinking of all my other fish. Stupid me!! Got home around 9pm and went to check on the guppies, well I couldn't find them at all in the breeder net. Upon looking closer, I noticed that the bottom net was ripped and they had all escaped into the main tank. Biggest mistake cause the 2 Pimelodus cats was out and about patrolling the tank. Worst fear came to mind that they're all eaten. Well I only found 9 guppies left and moved them to the 10g. Darn it I should've just put them in the 10g from the start. Well here's their tank

IMG_3296.JPG

IMG_3287.JPG

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
They should do quite well in the 10 gallon. Had some for a while in one while I was moving from my parents. Forgot to separate the males from the females and had probably 60 in there after a few short months. Breed them as a food source and sell the pretty ones that you don't want to use as food!

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I hope they live and breed. I love guppies but gave up on them a long time ago till I found these for $5. I seem to never be able to keep them alive longer than 2 weeks. Funny thing is that I've kept and raise sting rays, peacock bass, arrowanas but can't seem to keep guppies alive. So I thought I'd give them another try.

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
I've gotten babies 10 for 1$ not fancy guppies thought but really cool

Reactions: GamerChick5567

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
I've gotten babies 10 for 1$ not fancy guppies thought but really cool
If you start with boring/wild type feeders you can selectively breed your own line of fancies. That's what I'm gunna try with mine that look good. Some the guy gave me from aquatic warehouse and a few I got off craigslist for this go around are really nice. Plus the big mama one that was the only one from petco to survive I think is a blue or black moscow somewhere along the line. A few of the babies have some signs of that too.

If they die off right away though they probably just have poor genetics.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Well I finally went and picked up 2 red snakeskin males from my brother n law to mix in with mine. Came home and I got fry! So I rushed to the pet store to get some water sprite to float on top for fry cover.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store