My Hap/Peacock Favorites

Mdoka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2018
USA
Hello everyone! My first post in MonsterFishKeepers! What a nice forum! I recently bought a new (to me) camera. It's a Nikon D3200 with a few different lenses. I've been playing around with it and thought I would share some pics out of my 125 Hap/Peacock setup. I have read the rules, so I'll toss up a couple, then after a few comments, I'll toss up a couple more. First up, my Placidochromis phenochilus Mdoka "White Lips". It's still a very young maturing male. Approximately 4", but no girth yet. These pics are not his dominant display, as I have larger, more dominant fish in the tank that keeps him limited to that. When he does display, the white around the lips and mouth are more pronounced.

MdokaWL.jpg MdokaWL2.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello everyone! My first post in MonsterFishKeepers! What a nice forum! I recently bought a new (to me) camera. It's a Nikon D3200 with a few different lenses. I've been playing around with it and thought I would share some pics out of my 125 Hap/Peacock setup. I have read the rules, so I'll toss up a couple, then after a few comments, I'll toss up a couple more. First up, my Placidochromis phenochilus Mdoka "White Lips". It's still a very young maturing male. Approximately 4", but no girth yet. These pics are not his dominant display, as I have larger, more dominant fish in the tank that keeps him limited to that. When he does display, the white around the lips and mouth are more pronounced.

View attachment 1350854 View attachment 1350855

Welcome aboard

Nice pic

Mdoka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2018
USA
Thanks, happy to be here! I can read for days on end here and never get bored. I'll toss up another up and coming star. Aulonocara sp. Turkis. This man made beauty (German Strain I believe.) is getting close to the 4" range. Should be a really nice looking fish when fully grown. Again, not the most dominate fish in the tank, but pretty high ranked.

Turkis.jpg Turkis2.jpg

Reactions: PGJE and tlindsey

Mdoka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2018
USA
Wow! That guy is nice. I picked up a really nice orange colored Baenschi Benga of some sort (Hybrid) a couple days ago. He has been picked on pretty hard since I introduced him and another. I’m going to separate him tonight, let him relax a week and maybe try again. The other is starting to fit in.

Mdoka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2018
USA
Here is the guy (looks like an Orange Colored Baenschi/Benga Hybrid to me???) that was getting beat up by my other tankmates in my main tank. He is starting to get some life since I pulled him Tuesday. I think I'll pull a couple that get along well with everyone in the main tank and toss them to him. After they all get really acquainted, I'll toss all three back to the main tank and see if he makes the grade the second go around. He's about 4 1/2" now, should be a real looker when full grown. If you're watching tlindsey tlindsey , congrats on your GOLD AWARD and I hope you feel better!
OrangeBaenschi.jpg

Reactions: PGJE and tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Here is the guy (looks like an Orange Colored Baenschi/Benga Hybrid to me???) that was getting beat up by my other tankmates in my main tank. He is starting to get some life since I pulled him Tuesday. I think I'll pull a couple that get along well with everyone in the main tank and toss them to him. After they all get really acquainted, I'll toss all three back to the main tank and see if he makes the grade the second go around. He's about 4 1/2" now, should be a real looker when full grown. If you're watching tlindsey tlindsey , congrats on your GOLD AWARD and I hope you feel better!
View attachment 1351310

Yes I'm good now thanks to you all.:)

Mdoka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2018
USA
Here is another nice young guy around 4 - 4 1/2". It's an Aulonocara stuartgranti "Mdoka" Flametail. More of the orange rather than red as seen in the Ngara type. He's about mid pack, but slowly moving up in the pecking order. Sorry about the dirty glass in the first pic. It's amazing how much crap a good camera pics up that the naked eye never notices. Just when I thought my picture taking skills were getting better....:headshake

MdokaFT2.jpg MdokaFT3.jpg

Reactions: PGJE
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store