Reactions: Hao

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Nice update on its growth.
Last 2 pics are awesome by the way.

Is he the only dat in there?
Thank you and yes it's the only datnoid in that tank. I had another datnoid but it didn't like the other datnoid so I got rid of it. Only kept this one.

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Very nice! How much has it grown since last year? Curious to know the average growth rates of indos. Just got my first one this week...5 or 6 inches

Reactions: Ade and Hao

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Very nice! How much has it grown since last year? Curious to know the average growth rates of indos. Just got my first one this week...5 or 6 inches
Most likely about 4.5"-5" since last year. I'm not sure how fast Indos are suppose
to grow.

Reactions: Bigfishnut

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
That is amazing growth!! Love the pattern on yours as well! Mine has grown around 1.5" in the 3 months I've had him. Meanwhile my silver has only grown about .5" in 2 months.

Gage Zamrzla

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2010
Penn Valley, CA
Wonderful looking IT. It's always interesting seeing a datnoids appearance when they were raised from a much smaller size and eating well vs an individual who is clearly behind on growth (buggy sized eyes vs head, smaller hind quarters, etc). Both seem to generally grow into their bodies over time but the IT I once raised on Massivore from >1" seemed to have a much more substantial girth and shape when they grew larger opposed to ones I purchased at 3ish" who were clearly not regularly fed during time in capture, shipping, wholesale and retail tanks.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What they are fed is most important when it comes to a good growth rate.Worms and cut up seafoods are great but you've got to get good quality pellets into them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store