My mangrove monitor

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Oooh gotcha maybe a wee wee pad instead? Lol
Lol I think he started doing it because even if he bites me I won't put him back in his tank right away. Granted a very effective way of saying "put me back!" I'd say. Lol still love the big guy regardless, o btw don't think I mentioned this but Ed is just the short version of his name. His full name is Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV. Lol it's a bit of a mouthful, 10 points to whoever guesses what he's named after.

Reactions: Fishysweet

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Ha cowboy bebop my husband just got me the complete series last prime day

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Ha cowboy bebop my husband just got me the complete series last prime day
Bingo, 10 points. Yeah Edward is my favourite character in the anime and I first thought Ed was female as a baby but after a while, well turned out I got the gender wrong. Atleast the manga version is male so the name still fits lol. I kinda name allot of my pets after animes characters.

Reactions: Fishysweet

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Lol did they ever get better? Did your argus tripod much? Black throats are just awesome they seem really chill. savannas and white throat were really tame my nile would Huff puff and tail smack but no bites.
The Timor never did was a look but don't touch reptile. I named her Aries on the way home from the reptile show, so I guess it's my fault. Lol. She was super tame at the show but she was kind of cold. The Argus was scary smart. Yes he tripoded all the time. His enclosure was 6x6x3 and he would stand up and watch you. He did calm down and stopped biting eventually. He would get really jealous of me holding the roughneck and paying attention to it so I think it finally clicked, don't act like a jerk and I get some free time. The Argus figured out the twist lock air vents in the back of the enclosure. So yeah caught him in the basement sitting on top of the washer one day. Ex wife made me give him to the zoo he scared her to much. They eventually got the roughneck neck too, same kind of situation. Over the years the reptiles dwindled down to a cornsnake and a sulcata tortoise. Which were with us until the divorce. I gave Hannibal (cornsnake) to a co-worker and I don't know what she did with the tortoise.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Lol. Yeah it's a crappy thing to do but alot of vendors keep their reptiles chilly so they seem sweet that's why I always hold them til they warm up. Or go go the venders with heat lamps / heat tape. Yeah monitors are crazy smart that's really cool about the tripoding. Sorry you had to get rid of them maybe you should have gave the zoo the ex instead lol. Any plans for more?

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Lol. Yeah it's a crappy thing to do but alot of vendors keep their reptiles chilly so they seem sweet that's why I always hold them til they warm up. Or go go the venders with heat lamps / heat tape. Yeah monitors are crazy smart that's really cool about the tripoding. Sorry you had to get rid of them maybe you should have gave the zoo the ex instead lol. Any plans for more?
More ex's no! Lol
Maybe more reptiles. Might get one of the more exotic corns? Been eyeballing a granite something cornsnake they get at my lfs from time to time grey and red mostly grey though. Almost got an albino ornate horn frog last weekend.

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Lol maybe find one that likes reptiles this time ?
I seen a really cool looking corns called shatter corns at the last show I went. 200 bucks for a baby but they were awesome looking. I had a pacman named clyde for years and years he was cool. They had all kinds of babys at the show too the corn you are talking about sounds like its colored like our female gray banded kingsnake.
More ex's no! Lol
Maybe more reptiles. Might get one of the more exotic corns? Been eyeballing a granite something cornsnake they get at my lfs from time to time grey and red mostly grey though. Almost got an albino ornate horn frog last weekend.
20200208_094244.jpg

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Nice!
She did like reptiles. She just didn't like those ones. She was a vet tech and she trimmed their nails she really liked the roughneck and then one day it was like a switch was flipped. She was always creeped out by the Argus though. Tbh it was kind of creepy lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store