My Monos have started breeding

kusojijii

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Iowa
It's too bad I don't have my 300 gallon tank done yet so the 150g can be the breeder tank. My farm male is cock blocking the wild male as much as he can.

Picture 070.jpg

kusojijii

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Iowa
I don't think they are very good parents LOL

Not a large % of the eggs are sticking to the rock and whatever floats gets eaten by all of the monos. Hopefully some of the eggs getting knocked onto the sand will survive...

you can see the wild male chasing the farm male :banhim:at the top of the picture while the female lays.:nilly:

Picture 075.jpg

mjuniorc

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Fish Room
nice...... g/l wit them brah..

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Congrats on the spawn! Good Luck with the fry!

kusojijii

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Iowa
thanks guys. I've got to set up a 29 I have sitting in the corner for the fry (hopefully). I already have a big sponge filter and heater just sitting there.

I've got to read up on Tongue33's posts now...

mjuniorc

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Fish Room
kusojijii;2240828; said:
I've got to read up on Tongue33's posts now...
why, yes you do....:headbang2braddah tongue... aka.. "joey the PimP".... you ready to represent the movement....:grinno:... look you got MFK members lookin up to YoU:D...."p.I.m.P"

kusojijii

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Iowa
most of the eggs on the rock are gone (either eaten by the less dominant male or brushed off into the sand while the wild male was fighting with the farm male)

hopefully the ones that survived in the sand will hatch but I'm not getting my hopes up.

At least I know they will breed, once the 300 gets going I'll have a 150 breeding tank to isolate the wild ones...

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
kusojijii;2240875; said:
most of the eggs on the rock are gone (either eaten by the less dominant male or brushed off into the sand while the wild male was fighting with the farm male)

hopefully the ones that survived in the sand will hatch but I'm not getting my hopes up.

At least I know they will breed, once the 300 gets going I'll have a 150 breeding tank to isolate the wild ones...

Well it sounds like you have a plain for the next session. It sounds like you have a big time hatter in the tank!

mjuniorc;2240858; said:
why, yes you do....:headbang2braddah tongue... aka.. "joey the PimP".... you ready to represent the movement....:grinno:... look you got MFK members lookin up to YoU:D...."p.I.m.P"
He's repin it just on the Old School Side. You know how PIMPIN IS? It's hard out here on a pimp. You gotta choose your affiliates wisley! Not many are worthy! Yada mean!

ONE WORD - CHURCH!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store