My Monster 20 gallon project

kjfan1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Central Iowa
www.djiowa.com
Amazing wood working man I am very impressed! Way to advanced for me but I might be inspired to start a project!

john73738

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Well it is done. Didn't get the stock I wanted but a friend gave me a bunch of fish and a 30g tank. The tank and one of the inhabitants was left with my niece and I got the leftovers :( Oh well.. So here is if complete and stocked...

Know I am gonna regret the black gravel. shows everything.

cbarnes1987

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
chester UK
very nice, looking to make myself one, how did you fit the lights in the end and what wood sealer did you use?

john73738

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Tanks,

It was a learning experience for me. There are a few problems arising that I have to correct, and I am taking out the internal filter and putting on a small HOB and modifying the hood.

Bear

cbarnes1987

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
chester UK
john73738;3957915; said:
Tanks,

It was a learning experience for me. There are a few problems arising that I have to correct, and I am taking out the internal filter and putting on a small HOB and modifying the hood.

Bear
please keep updated :popcorn:

john73738

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Actually I goofed with sealing it. Well I didn't, now I have a little warping. OOPS :) So dont make my mistake and seal the inside. I think you would use a polyurethane wood sealant, gotta ask at HD. The Lights I simply stripped the origional hood, and screwed it into the new hood. Will replace with led or cold cathode at some time. Gonna do a couple other mods also.

Will post updates.

Bear

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store