My most intense rescue ever: House Gecko on a glue trap

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
Guys, the LFS people actually did think he was dead, and the guy I talked to has attampeted to free trapped Lizards before to no avail. He looked overjoyed when I told him that the Gecko was alive and free. He just didn't have the Bottomfeeder touch :ROFL:

Camshaft Ramrod

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
Good save dude. This happens at pet stores all the time. They cant use pesticides because of the animals. So roach stickies are scattered everywhere. Good thing you were there to help out. Whenever it happened to me, I would use veg oil. Ive pulled all sorts of reptiles off of roach pads. They're attracted to the crickets. I've even pulled off a few hamsters. Poor SOB's..

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
nice save. i once saw a green anole stuck to one of the hanging fly traps that is like a cylender covered in flypaper, my mom told me their was no way for us to save him :( now i know we could of. good save hope he heals properly.

HPIZZLE

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2007
good for you man!!
i actually like house geckos. never seen any on traps like that but i watched and anole walk into a bug zapper.

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
HPIZZLE;4365865; said:
good for you man!!
i actually like house geckos. never seen any on traps like that but i watched and anole walk into a bug zapper.

Oh man, I winced when I read that.

I love House Geckos too, I had one before but it was skinny when I got it and never really ate, so...

GeriJo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2010
IL
Awesome save. Rubbing alchohol is the quickest way to remove the glue and it will also disinfect any wounds. It evaporates to quickly to be licked off by the animals, so it can't do any internal harm. (Vegetable oil / olive oil can both cause diarhea which leads to dehydration.) Vinegar is also another good one, but is not as effective as the alchohol.

TaylorD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2010
Canada
Bottomfeeder... that is RIGHTEOUS !!

Honestly. The fact that you not only rescued him from the trash.. but took the time an effort to remove him from the trap.. then being rewarded by having him come/jump to your hand.. is an award alone... thats truly amazing..

Good job :)

Taylor

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store