My neighbor has a question??

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
Have him cut out ALL the feeder fish. Feed only a variety of high quality pellets with occasional frozen or freeze dried treats. Keep up the water params and don't use any carbon in the filters. GL.

FSM

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Georgia
convict_breeder;1527075; said:
yup so add aquaium salt and up the tep to 86 degrees and do 50 percent water change once a week
are you sure you aren't thinking of ich?

PoopSmart

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2007
mars
Just keep the temp constant, adding salt won't do much. THe main thing that needs to be done is water changes. Change 50% a week (at least once or 2 25%). Make sure that he does that because thats hte biggest problem. Then I would say that if you feed feeder fish to stop because they don;t have much nutritional value. Just feed hikari gold, and keep doing water changes. I would take pics in a month to see how it clears up. Keep track of the progress and if it looks like its not getting better I would suggest soaking the hikari pellets in a vitamin supplement or just some vitamin water or even smearing them with banana, anything to get more nutrients to him.

I would ask February's POTM winner, as he has a lot of info on treating hole in the head for oscars.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
hith can be cure with good water quality and a well balanced diet to your Oscar
but if its tooo bad then try metronidazole as meds

TMDragon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
California
PoopSmart;1527535; said:
Just keep the temp constant, adding salt won't do much. THe main thing that needs to be done is water changes. Change 50% a week (at least once or 2 25%). Make sure that he does that because thats hte biggest problem. Then I would say that if you feed feeder fish to stop because they don;t have much nutritional value. Just feed hikari gold, and keep doing water changes. I would take pics in a month to see how it clears up. Keep track of the progress and if it looks like its not getting better I would suggest soaking the hikari pellets in a vitamin supplement or just some vitamin water or even smearing them with banana, anything to get more nutrients to him.

I would ask February's POTM winner, as he has a lot of info on treating hole in the head for oscars.
:iagree:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store