My new addition Argentea

musheng

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2009
Socal
This is my first time find Vieja Argentea in LFS.
No hesitation! I have to get one in my tank.
Got it on Sunday afternoon and ate like a pig at night.
Wish he can grow up well...:grinno::grinno::grinno:
pic2.jpg
pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Alright! Now, get ready to wait. :) Slowest growing fish I've ever had -- and that includes Green Terrors. Hope yours is a freak and grows fast, cause mine grew maybe 4 inches in a year.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Keep a very close watch, especially on all other silver colored cichlids, at 5-6" they can become very territorial, and quickly start to cull its other cichlid tankmates, unless your tank is 300+ gallons.
Of course you may be one of the few lucky people with a non-typical individual, looks like a female to me, but it is a bit young to be sure.

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Alright! Now, get ready to wait. :) Slowest growing fish I've ever had -- and that includes Green Terrors. Hope yours is a freak and grows fast, cause mine grew maybe 4 inches in a year.
Interesting. Ours was very fast growing....... only outmatched by our Pearsei. Finally had to rehome him at 16" as he outgrew and outate our 300 gallon tank.
Beautiful fish but large mature males can go rouge on a moments notice.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I don't know a lot about cichlids but I sure do like that irregular patterned CL haha.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I agree with this, I had a male go from 2" to 10" in about a year, he also was one that became hyper dominant and killed many of his tankmates when his maturity/territoriality hit, and needed to be removed to his own/solo tank.

Interesting. Ours was very fast growing....... only outmatched by our Pearsei. Finally had to rehome him at 16" as he outgrew and outate our 300 gallon tank.
Beautiful fish but large mature males can go rouge on a moments notice.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

musheng

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2009
Socal
really! :eek3::eek3:
He eats a lot, I thought he will grow fast....then I need some patients.
Thanks

musheng

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2009
Socal
I agree with this, I had a male go from 2" to 10" in about a year, he also was one that became hyper dominant and killed many of his tankmates when his maturity/territoriality hit, and needed to be removed to his own/solo tank.
Thank you for all your useful advice! I will keep my eye on him/her.
hope he/she is a peaceful guy (cross my fingers)....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store