My New Albino Snapper

ExoticEctotherms

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2007
South Jersey
Here's a pic of his tank. It's a 75 gallon that I drilled and added bulkheads to and I'm running a Rena XP3 through them. I also spray-painted the back of the tank black.

photo (30).JPG

photo (30).JPG

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Nice looking little guy... can't believe that they can grow up to be such large monsters... especially when looking at your tiny guy...

olllie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2010
HD85512b
Nice set up!
Now he's bound to grow as hell too!
IMO they grow relatively fast. I think in one year he'll be as big as your hand.
My two snappers did.

ExoticEctotherms

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2007
South Jersey
Really nice colour for an albino, who bred him?
My uncle breeds them as a hobby. My little guy is the result of the breeding of two Het Albinos. My uncle actually has some 66% possible Het albinos available. They are the siblings of my albino. The clutch consisted of 3 albinos and 8 possible het albinos. If anyone is interested, PM me. In the meantime, I'll find out how much he is asking for them.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words.

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
Oh thanks Im not interested (or better said Im not able to get some), Im in Europe and if that wasnt already a big enough disuasive, in Portugal you cant keep them at all. Just out of curiosity, as Im aware of some caracteristics of the different lineages. But are your uncle´s related to any other albino snappers in other breeders hands or does he has he´s own strain?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So this is the little guy you told me about......really nice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store