Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Here are mine
IMG_20211213_081231.jpg

IMG_20210613_173217.jpg

Usually pale coloured legs is either due to lack of sunlight or they're a mutation.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
He don't get a lot of direct sunlight. The window is NW facing so only gets direct light for about an hour or two near sunset. But does get indirect all day. I open the blinds around 7am, close them after sunset. Has been a cool spring so hasn't been able to spend much time outside.

20220327_170050.jpg

The one 70°F day we had he got to go outside for a couple hours. Not so sure I want to do that more. There are verified cases of bird flu in the state, wouldn't want him to accidentally get it from a visiting feathered friend.

Matth05

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2022
New Jersey
Wow he's so cool looking! Parrots are probably my favorite pets right behind dogs. And fish of course! My parents were big into Lovebirds for while, they were the coolest little things. Like little dogs that also fly, if that makes sense. We never had a Conure though.

• Love
Reactions: Deadeye and Jexnell

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Wow he's so cool looking! Parrots are probably my favorite pets right behind dogs. My parents were big into Lovebirds for while, they were the coolest little things. Like little dogs that also fly, if that makes sense. We never had a Conure though.
Dogs are loving and forgiving creatures, parrots are downright mean, unpredictable, and then they can be cuddly goofballs.

All the above is being said with the utmost love I have for my feathered pets

Here's one of them being all cuddly, after biting my thumb hard enough to make it bleed. Apparently she needed scratches and I wasn't attentive enough.

• Love
Reactions: Deadeye and Jexnell

Matth05

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2022
New Jersey
Dogs are loving and forgiving creatures, parrots are downright mean, unpredictable, and then they can be cuddly goofballs.

All the above is being said with the utmost love I have for my feathered pets

Here's one of them being all cuddly, after biting my thumb hard enough to make it bleed. Apparently she needed scratches and I wasn't attentive enough.
So true! I don't how many times I've been nipped by our lovebirds, but like a light switch they would just cuddle up in your hand.

xenacanth9

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2021
He don't get a lot of direct sunlight. The window is NW facing so only gets direct light for about an hour or two near sunset. But does get indirect all day. I open the blinds around 7am, close them after sunset. Has been a cool spring so hasn't been able to spend much time outside.

View attachment 1496893

The one 70°F day we had he got to go outside for a couple hours. Not so sure I want to do that more. There are verified cases of bird flu in the state, wouldn't want him to accidentally get it from a visiting feathered friend.
Good to see he's still doing well

• Love
Reactions: Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store