My new catfish.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Picked up an 8 inch Pseudauchenipterus nodosus from one of our vendors. Took a 14hr trip to my house with local fedex delivery. It introduced to the tank after a little water acclimation. Was very stressed still. IMG_0064.JPG

Added some salt to the tank and turned off the lights. Had some rapid respirations and was attached some drift wood.

This was mid day and came home after work. Saw this cat swimming around the tank.
IMG_0066.JPG

Impressive fish. Actively swims and doesn't get massive. Perfect for my tank. It's in in my 125g. Not too many aggressive tankmates in there. Got my polypterus and pink taik chalceus. Couple of smaller cats in there as well.

Have a powehead in there with minimum flow. Seems not too bothered by it but if I mess with it then seems to ride the glass abit. Still working that out. Trying to keep the water as pristine as possible with some salt. It's got that smooth skin and likely sensitive to bad water.

Just wanted to share and update this thread slowly. Thank koltsixx koltsixx as his recent purchase and thread got me to buy this thing. Once I saw his fish i couldn't stop think about this fish.

IMG_0065.JPG

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Right now eating bloodworms, tilapia and shrimp. Gonna work on pellets soon.

Reactions: koltsixx

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I already emailed Wes to see if he still the other left. Will see.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Not too much info online but from what is gathered lives in water flow and rapids. It has a slender build and strong tail for such. Reminded me of a iridescent shark catfish when swimming.

Other info was that's it's a detritivore. Mentioned found in areas of runoff from villages. When sold it was caught with bosemani ray. Think maybe it's following or staying behind some larger fish and picking of the left overs.

Here in Florida, where I live, I thought of cobias when following rays and sharks. Anyway just some thoughts.

Here it is resting. Seems to alternate with swimming. IMG_0092.JPG

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Just purchased a 3 inch catfish from rarefish. Will be arriving next Saturday. Will be a good tankmate as these cats do well in groups.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
I like, looks like a silver suncat.

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store