my new datnoid tank 300 gallons

tdkee1

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2008
West Coast
JK47;3799927; said:
This tank is awesome, he did a good job on the stand. What time did you make it over Sunday? He was going to let me know so I could give you both a hand. Did he go with the foam under the tank that we cut up on Saturday? Kind of hard to tell in the pics.
I got there around 2:30pm. We hung out and drank a little bit after working on the tank and I left around 9:30pm. That was a good call about the foam to cushion the tank. He said you suggested that one. He did end up using it but painted it black first so it looks like he has a black bottom. hes doing bare bottom. you cant even tell the foam is under there. It looks really good. Ampz is really stoked about how it turned out. i wish you were there to see it start up.

tdkee1

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2008
West Coast
gangster;3800026; said:
Looks good...great job guys.....any making of the stand pics?
wassup gangster. not sure if he took any pictures while he worked on the stand but I can ask him. he built it all himself. I gotta say, I under estimated his woodworking skills but he sure proved me wrong. The stand looks very nice for being just a skeleton. its just temporary he says. hes adding a face frame, sides, trim and doors on it. I cant wait to see the finished stand. hes steady working on it. i think it should be done within a few days.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
tdkee1;3800079; said:
I got there around 2:30pm. We hung out and drank a little bit after working on the tank and I left around 9:30pm. That was a good call about the foam to cushion the tank. He said you suggested that one. He did end up using it but painted it black first so it looks like he has a black bottom. hes doing bare bottom. you cant even tell the foam is under there. It looks really good. Ampz is really stoked about how it turned out. i wish you were there to see it start up.
I wish I was there too. I was on Saturday to help make sure the stand was capable. I was pretty taken back by his work. He did a great job. I had one little suggestion and that was it. The foam will make a big difference with helping not get those little stress cracks acrylic gets as it settles. Glad he ended up going with it. You should have seen the looks we were getting in Home Depot with a razor and straight edge cutting that crap in the middles of the aisles. People thought we were nuts. :screwy: lol

tdkee1

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2008
West Coast
JK47;3800178; said:
I wish I was there too. I was on Saturday to help make sure the stand was capable. I was pretty taken back by his work. He did a great job. I had one little suggestion and that was it. The foam will make a big difference with helping not get those little stress cracks acrylic gets as it settles. Glad he ended up going with it. You should have seen the looks we were getting in Home Depot with a razor and straight edge cutting that crap in the middles of the aisles. People thought we were nuts. :screwy: lol
he did say you suggested more bracing around the 2x4's. he showed me which ones. good call Justin!

Carpsalmon

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2009
Oregon
That tank looks huge in person. I like the stand the way it is and I like the fact that he wasn't shy about building it to last. I was surprised at how good his stand turned out and am stoked to see what it will look like with his fish in it. Good Job guys, who needs a stand builder anyway? In the words of Borat "Verry Niice!"

Aridd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2009
Oregon
Carpsalmon;3801759; said:
That tank looks huge in person. I like the stand the way it is and I like the fact that he wasn't shy about building it to last. I was surprised at how good his stand turned out and am stoked to see what it will look like with his fish in it. Good Job guys, who needs a stand builder anyway? In the words of Borat "Verry Niice!"

ill have to 2nd that, looks awesome!!!

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Updating the thread for ampz. ;) Spent a few hours today helping him with the tank. We drilled holes in the top of the tank to hook up his new FX5. Didn't drain a drop of water either. We floated a bowl under the area we drilled to catch debris and straight drilled it while it ran. The pics are before the FX5 was hooked up.

Some of his fish are in, big school of clown loaches, DAT's and his flagtail. Next step is to upgrade the original sump to a larger one, decorate/aquascape the tank. We got "the bug" so we loaded up on beer came back to my place and drilled my 220g when we were done. I had a lot of fun today bro. :thumbsup:

Everyones hiding behind the overflows in this pic.
P1300204.JPG

My favorite part of the tank so far. This wood is HUGE and covered in java moss. It flows in the current like some corals do in reef tanks. Nice touch IMO, you did good.
P1300209.JPG

Chinese high fin, ray burried in the sand and a couple of his DAT's (look a little stressed from the move).
P1300213.JPG
P1300215.JPG

No way I was going to pass on posting this pic. Too nice a school of CL's.
P1300220.JPG
P1300219.JPG

Call me again this week and we'll start again next weekend.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store