My new Electric Blue Acaras

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
SAM_0112.JPG SAM_0111.JPG SAM_0106.JPG Finally did it. Bought 2 EBA's for my 55. They are living with 2 pink kissers, 6 zebra danios, 2 platy's, and assorted cories and a pleco. Also a very seldom seen Raphael cat. At least I think it's still there...

The EBA's are shy and hide behind a large ornament frequently, but they are getting better about coming out of hiding. The smaller one runs with the kissers quite a bit.

My concern this morning is that my power went out around 11 pm last night. I hope that they will be ok when the power comes back on. I have ordered a battery powered air pump, a little late but still useful.

Took a little time to catch them out to shoot them, but was worth the patience in waiting. I think they will be very nice looking when they grow up.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
View attachment 1254903 View attachment 1254904 View attachment 1254905 Finally did it. Bought 2 EBA's for my 55. They are living with 2 pink kissers, 6 zebra danios, 2 platy's, and assorted cories and a pleco. Also a very seldom seen Raphael cat. At least I think it's still there...

The EBA's are shy and hide behind a large ornament frequently, but they are getting better about coming out of hiding. The smaller one runs with the kissers quite a bit.

My concern this morning is that my power went out around 11 pm last night. I hope that they will be ok when the power comes back on. I have ordered a battery powered air pump, a little late but still useful.

Took a little time to catch them out to shoot them, but was worth the patience in waiting. I think they will be very nice looking when they grow up.

I agree when mature they will look great.☺

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
yes, they were the only 2 there. Just couldn't pass them up. A 55 should be big enough for a spawning pair, if they are a pair.

I just hope the power outage didn't hurt them. I have 2 Aqueon 75's, a sponge filter (removed temp.) and an additional airstone. Water was heavily aerated previous to power loss.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
yes, they were the only 2 there. Just couldn't pass them up. A 55 should be big enough for a spawning pair, if they are a pair.

I just hope the power outage didn't hurt them. I have 2 Aqueon 75's, a sponge filter (removed temp.) and an additional airstone. Water was heavily aerated previous to power loss.

In the pic they seem to be a pair☺ A 55g is good size aquarium for them. I suggest removing sponge filter from filter and placing it in aquarium until powwer comes back on or manually pour water in the filter every half hour.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
In the pic they seem to be a pair☺ A 55g is good size aquarium for them. I suggest removing sponge filter from filter and placing it in aquarium until powwer comes back on or manually pour water in the filter every half hour.

Oh apologize reread post you already removed sponge, don't let it dry out if you don't already no that.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
The sponge is in a zip lock bag floating in tank. I researched info about sponge filter before getting one. Size is meant for a 75, but with cichlids, no such thing as too much filtration. Also I might get a 75 one day and the sponge would help get it started.

Reactions: tlindsey

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I'm at work, or I would try pouring water manually. Hopefully power should be back on when I get home.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I'm at work, or I would try pouring water manually. Hopefully power should be back on when I get home.

When you get home take sponge out of the zip lock and submerge in the aquarium. In the zip lock afer oxygen is depleted the bacteria on the sponge will die.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store