My new Electric Blue Acaras

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
Just so I know, what is the correct thing I should do with the sponge filter in case of power outages?

I was following instructions off an internet article when I put the sponge in the bag. This is the first time I have used a sponge filter, it has only been in use for 4 or 5 days.

My battery powered air pump will arrive Monday. It should help with at least minimum aeration.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Just so I know, what is the correct thing I should do with the sponge filter in case of power outages?

I was following instructions off an internet article when I put the sponge in the bag. This is the first time I have used a sponge filter, it has only been in use for 4 or 5 days.

My battery powered air pump will arrive Monday. It should help with at least minimum aeration.

4 or 5 it probably barely started to seed . Btw even one of those battery operated fans may help agitate the surface providing a little oxygen in aquarium.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I called and found out the power is back on. I'm lucky that it is. One of my co-workers won't have power for 2 days. I have a couple of those little personal fans now. I think one has a clip to hold on to edge. I'll keep that close with the rest of my aquarium stuff. You know, all the things we accumulate to maintain our tanks.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. Now to head home and see if my new babies are ok. I really do like them and would hate to lose them to something as stupid as a thunderstorm.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I called and found out the power is back on. I'm lucky that it is. One of my co-workers won't have power for 2 days. I have a couple of those little personal fans now. I think one has a clip to hold on to edge. I'll keep that close with the rest of my aquarium stuff. You know, all the things we accumulate to maintain our tanks.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. Now to head home and see if my new babies are ok. I really do like them and would hate to lose them to something as stupid as a thunderstorm.

Great to know you have your power back on.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I didn't lose anyone. My fish survived just fine. All are out and active this morning. Saw them out and eating for the first time yesterday. The smaller EBA has staked out a cave on one side. Behind the largest ornament is neutral territory where both kissers and EBA's hang out together. The larger EBA is on the other side digging holes. So far no fighting and all doing well.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I didn't lose anyone. My fish survived just fine. All are out and active this morning. Saw them out and eating for the first time yesterday. The smaller EBA has staked out a cave on one side. Behind the largest ornament is neutral territory where both kissers and EBA's hang out together. The larger EBA is on the other side digging holes. So far no fighting and all doing well.

Nice to hear everything is good.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
Thank You! SAM_0002.JPG Petsmart. I saw them and had to have them. They were the last 2 and just 2 pretty to pass up.

Now that they are not as skittish, I see them out more often. At first the EBA's and the kissers all hid behind decoration at the slightest movement outside the tank. I guess they are getting used to me and the cat. Shadow is fascinated by them. Lucy not so much, she fell into the tank once already. Lost all her interest immediately.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store