My new flowerhorn-ZZ Red dragon

knasahs

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
Bangalore,India
Hi All,

This is my first post and thread on this forum. Had learn't of the site long ago but hadn't signed up, stopped being lazy and did so last night. I've had two FH in the past but they unfortunately died after fighting a (unknown) disease for 15-20 days,here is a video of how they looked just before they passed away,notice the swollen body and black face on the right side FH :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdKvdb0yAFg&list=UU-GGeWNurhi-DjbMcPHAHIA

Anyway, coming to the new chap, he/she's about 3 inches in length may be, costed me 20$ (1$=60 INR) after exchanging the Mbunas I had earlier. I got him yesterday and is currently housed in a 42 gallon tank (36x15x18)all by himself. Will get him a new tank later on if need be. Do leave your comments on how he may turn out and any suggestions to improve the hardscaping :)

DSC_0028.JPGDSC_0027.JPGDSC_0026.JPGDSC_0022.JPGDSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

knasahs

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
Bangalore,India
Forgot to add what i've planned to feed him. I currently have stock of Hikari Staple,Cichlid Bio gold+,Cichlid Excel and Chingmix with me. I'm thinking of using Staple/Excel once a day, Bio Gold+ and Chingmix each once a day. Totally feeding him 3 times in a day. Is this ok or should I change it ?

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
he's very nice.
Good FH and a keeper to me

knasahs

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
Bangalore,India
wow very nice red dragon .... keep updating
I love it, and nice setup :headbang2
Thank you guys! I'm glad you liked it :)

Its been 2 days since I got him and he's been shying away from people since yesterday,except when being fed. He runs to hide behind the rocks and stress marks appear on his body if any of us go near the tank. I'm guessing he's still not fully adjusted to the tank. The first day he was very interactive though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store