My New Rainbow Snakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hong Kong
Thanks, I'll be leaving for Uni in a month and won't be back home till x'mas. Praying that my dad remembers to take care of him for me. Not too worried coz he's taught me everything i know about keeping fish. But sometimes he goes away for business trips for awhile

IoStrisciare

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
A Watery Grave
sqratch said:
Thanks, I'll be leaving for Uni in a month and won't be back home till x'mas. Praying that my dad remembers to take care of him for me. Not too worried coz he's taught me everything i know about keeping fish. But sometimes he goes away for business trips for awhile
they're tough buggers.... don't worry abt it...

Euge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hong Kong
I've always assumed that my SH was a Bleheri or a rainbow snake head, but after lookin on the net at other rainbow snakehead i've noticed that they have a orange and black stripped fin tail. Or what ever its called and mine is like a blueish colour. I also read that it could be another species of snakehead all together, what species is my snkehead?

IoStrisciare

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
A Watery Grave
sqratch said:
I've always assumed that my SH was a Bleheri or a rainbow snake head, but after lookin on the net at other rainbow snakehead i've noticed that they have a orange and black stripped fin tail. Or what ever its called and mine is like a blueish colour. I also read that it could be another species of snakehead all together, what species is my snkehead?
nah... its a Bleheri... i'm 90% sure it is.

Coloration differs. I did come across 2 bleheris today, one which was a copy of yours while the other a draker specimen with the orange and black tail.

only thing i could think of was diff in coloration of the sexes... didnt buy the pair as the darker specimen was dead unfortunately.

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
sqratch said:
Thare is another dwarf SH that is very similer. Sometimes thought to be a sub species or the same species, Channa sp. Assam, was sometimes known as channa Bleheri blue as it has more blue in its colouring. only reaches 5" or so.

Euge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hong Kong
i took a closer look at my SH today and noticed he SOMETIMES has a think orange edge to his tail. Oh well i'll just say its a bleheri. He's pretty responsive, everytime i come into my room he'll come out of the cave. Have i said that already?

mon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
singapore
nice snakehead but i think it will lose its colourful patterns when reach adulthood... am i right?

Euge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hong Kong
Well the store i got it from had some fully grown ones from before, and they still had their beautiful colours. But it could be another species

evilfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2005
england
beautiful sh - congrats on getting it!! do u know its eventual size?? how big is ur tank by the way??

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store