My new Silver arrowana

Dgmannn412

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
I just got a silver arrowana today and aclimated for over 3 hours before adding it to my 200+ gallon tank. The tank is 8ft. By 21" by 23" strange but that's what it is. I have a 110 gallon sump and my pump moves about 1500gallons and hour. My pH is 7.4 my temp is 79' Fahrenheit. No ammonia no nitrites less then 20ppm of nitrates. So I currently have 2 10"+ Oscars, 2 8" sevrums, a 5" jack Dempsey, a 7" buttakoferi, and a 11" saddle bichir. They all appear to be okay with one another so far. What my post is aiming at is did I miss anything. Is there a crucial thing to do that I'm missing. I have a lid pristine water 8 ft of tank Hikari and omega one foods plus all kinds of live and frozen food items. Do I need current for it. I've never seen one sit still for more then a few moments. Do they require heavy water movement or do they prefer calm almost still water? Being a top dweller dose the gravel or decor need to be anything specific I have drift wood and pond stone. Im using an overflow box to avoid tubes and random parts in the tank. I'm just trying to make extra sure I'm doing it rite $150.00 for one fish is allot to me so I don't want to miss something stupid and loose it.

DSC_1224.JPG

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Why did you pay $150 for a silver Aro? That seems steep.

As for all you are doing, it sounds great. If you value your fish, and I think you do, you should consider quarantining any more fish you plan to add to the tank.

My silver Aro actually likes the floating plastic plants in his tank...if your guy doesn't acclimate well it seems uncomfortable, try that.

Dgmannn412

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
The aro is about 14 inches long and about 3 inches tall. Maybe 1 inch thick. Lots of red in its fins still a bit of blue here and there leading me to belive it's still a juvenile. And 150 is because I made the guy I bought him from reset his tank to make the transfer easier after making him special order it because he " " doesn't do big fish. I also kept him in quarantine at the store for almost a month to make sure it was eating correctly from the top of the water not grabbing from the ground like the other 2 were. I made the guy I bought it from dance through hoops before I payed him so I felt it was worth it.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
My only concern would be in the long run your tank wont be wide enough for him, since if im not mistaken a silver aro will still hit close to 3' as an adult, so eventually even that 8' tank wont work with only 23" width...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store