My new tank (first real MONSTER)

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
zennzzo;2424888; said:
you putting fish in there this weekend?

yeah acctually since I have had it "running" for over a month and and did a combo fish/fishless cycle When I tested that water last night I was looking really good. Amo a little high. But I will be doing WCs tomorrow. and nitrate was about 10. I was a little suprised but sine I added a little bio media from another tank it's just about where it needs to be.

It's odd sounding but since I first put water in the sump at least has been circulating. It's hard getting your plumbing done with water in the tank but I did and didn't get that wet. lol

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
zennzzo;2425346; said:
what do the nitrItes read?

Can't remember off the top of my head they were low. I will be doing a big WC tomorrow. Or two WC to get the ammo down. then once I am done with the WC I can get a better reading. I was going to do it tonight but we had a little gas scare. We though we smelled gas so we had to call the gas company in and have the house tested for leaks. We couldn't fing any so maybe it was just something comming from out basement drain. either way I fell better knwing it's not gas.

new2natives

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2007
ohio
how big does that niger look in there?
its so hard for me to remember exactly what that tank looked like at AA and the size of it ...
but i'm sure it looks a He!! of a lot better in your basement, huh?
anyhow thats a great looking tank!!
not that you need many more fish, but did you happen to see that link on CAFE where they are selling the Dat and Bichir?
i'm gonna try and get the Dat if its reasonable, but i dont know how much she wants for it ...

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
new2natives;2432288; said:
how big does that niger look in there?
its so hard for me to remember exactly what that tank looked like at AA and the size of it ...
but i'm sure it looks a He!! of a lot better in your basement, huh?
anyhow thats a great looking tank!!
not that you need many more fish, but did you happen to see that link on CAFE where they are selling the Dat and Bichir?
i'm gonna try and get the Dat if its reasonable, but i dont know how much she wants for it ...

Niger looks GREAT. I am so glad the other guy didn't show So I could get him. His loss.

Yeah he looks great at my house. I know you were looking for one. If you can find one GET It. He's soooo freaking friendly it's nuts. My G/F nicknamed him "shamoo" b/c he looks like a baby whale. I thought it was fitting.

Are you talking about the guy who had the 9" bicher? If so yeah I saw it but I hate when people don't post prices. If I can get rid of the RBPs and move tthe remaning to the 75. I will have an open cycled 125 lol. then I can add some more. But idk if I would do bichers or more plecos.

Hey if Kevin doesn't get back with me ( I know he will) let me know where you found to rehome is pacu. I want to go there and show my G/F if it's a store not to far away.

new2natives

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2007
ohio
yeah the girl had several fish on CAFE, but i have PM'ed and emailed her, and no responce. so i guess w/e ;)

i helped him (kind of, he did most of the work) last night and we got everything but the giraffe moved!
the RTC is mine. the pacus, IR, and 4 oscars are all at Jacks at Easton, in the "pond" tank. they are doing great, i stopped in today just to check up and see that they made it through the night.
i am kind of hoping they aren't able to find them a home, so that i have some time to get a larger tank, because i fell in love with that IR! and the pacus would be cool too, but they think they might have someone interested in the pacus, so we'll see

* so is your tank fully up and running now? 2 aros, the niger, gar, what else you got in there? we need some new pics once everything is settled in :naughty:

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
new2natives;2442610; said:
yeah the girl had several fish on CAFE, but i have PM'ed and emailed her, and no responce. so i guess w/e ;)

i helped him (kind of, he did most of the work) last night and we got everything but the giraffe moved!
the RTC is mine. the pacus, IR, and 4 oscars are all at Jacks at Easton, in the "pond" tank. they are doing great, i stopped in today just to check up and see that they made it through the night.
i am kind of hoping they aren't able to find them a home, so that i have some time to get a larger tank, because i fell in love with that IR! and the pacus would be cool too, but they think they might have someone interested in the pacus, so we'll see

* so is your tank fully up and running now? 2 aros, the niger, gar, what else you got in there? we need some new pics once everything is settled in :naughty:

I would love the giraffe but I don't think it to be very wise. I like the amount of room they have to swim now. So I think the stock will stay this way for a long time. the gar died. It was either the stress of the move or the fall ( I dropped him at kevins place) But the CK will end up in the big tnak when he gets closer to 18" then he can grow out the rest of the way with the other big guys.

I'll get some new pics this weekend. I am having problems getting pics to work on here b/c the size is to large and it won't auto resize. And I don't know why. So when I post pics it allways goes to a link you have to click instead of seeing the pic in the thread. So you might have some pic links unless I figure out how to resize.

Tonster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2008
New York
Nice Pics and awsome project with low cost. Can't wait untill project is complted and you post up what fish you are defintly going to get for that monster tank. Also make sure you post a final pic of your completed project with fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store