My polys

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
You guys think koliba and koloton are the same fish ? I couldnt call it either way havent had both.

Hao Hao moe214 moe214 Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86
I think they're the same species just different variants. Like hoplias aimara, one variant turns a jet black around 1' which is amapa, Venezuelan has a tan base with black stripes, tapajos gets reddish with brown or black stripes I believe, and Suriname is kind of like Venezuelan except it gets a lot of green and bluish hues.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
You guys think koliba and koloton are the same fish ? I couldnt call it either way havent had both.

Hao Hao moe214 moe214 Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86
I dont have both fish yet but when i tried to buy it, someone told me they the same fish.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
I think they're the same species just different variants. Like hoplias aimara, one variant turns a jet black around 1' which is amapa, Venezuelan has a tan base with black stripes, tapajos gets reddish with brown or black stripes I believe, and Suriname is kind of like Venezuelan except it gets a lot of green and bluish hues.
Agree with Moe. Koloton and koliba is the same fish. Just different variants that are in the same body of water. If u look at the recent influx of koloton. Their psychical appearance has been consistent.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Agree with Moe. Koloton and koliba is the same fish. Just different variants that are in the same body of water. If u look at the recent influx of koloton. Their psychical appearance has been consistent.
Are we talking same fish as in species like black volta endli vs guinea endli are the same species but different fish due to consistent appearence differences between the two.

Or are we talking same fish like the same exact fisn just mislabeled as seperate fish due to appearence

Dont know if that makes sense
Interesting stuff

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Are we talking same fish as in species like black volta endli vs guinea endli are the same species but different fish due to consistent appearence differences between the two.

Or are we talking same fish like the same exact fisn just mislabeled as seperate fish due to appearence

Interesting stuff
Unconfirmed. DNA does not lie :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Polyaddict86

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I was interpreting it as exact same fish, different color variations, not mislabeled.
Same fish term is confusing. Lile we know endli guinea and black volta are the same fish species wise but also knkw the differences in appearence are consistent i guess i cant explain it correctly lol

Unconfirmed. DNA does not lie :)
Haha touche' lol

Ya know what im tryong to get at ? Is this like a bv vs faranah endli thing or another example faranah lap vs nigerian lap we know scientifically its the same species but to us its a different fish because they consistently look diff

Reactions: Polyaddict86

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
If you asked me I'd say koliba and koloton are the same species just different location variants, and because of the difference in location causes slight difference in appearance specifically the color with these two, they're both green but different shades.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay

Interesting stuff
Lmao, im lost:D

Reactions: clm08k
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store