My polys

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
Thank bro, the endli that is swimming areoun is actually a CB endli.

Dont worry if i find someone that can ship and then ill send them your way;)

Thanks for the compliment on the ink, i actually design it, that my other hobby is drawing anime and tattoos, i get my tattoo's for free since i have a friend that i help and draw for him on some of his designs.
Dang it! Should have guessed CB!

And no way! I don't have an artistic bone in my body so I have a lot of respect for artist. I need to find someone to finish my half sleeve. The guy who started it came no-where close to the design I wanted but my wife (girlfriend at the time) said it looked cool so i went ahead with it so hopefully i can find someone who can get it back to more of what i wanted.

But anywho you should definitely channel some of that artistic ability into making some sweet poly/ anime poster or something :D:D:D

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Update video
Sorry for the long video and the sun reflecting in the tank, but they are more active when the sun hits the tank. Enjoy the video

What are the laps at 3:37 and 4:07? Those are some of the best looking patterns I've seen on a lap! Wow! Nice and thick.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016

And no way! I don't have an artistic bone in my body so I have a lot of respect for artist. I need to find someone to finish my half sleeve. The guy who started it came no-where close to the design I wanted but my wife (girlfriend at the time) said it looked cool so i went ahead with it so hopefully i can find someone who can get it back to more of what i wanted.

But anywho you should definitely channel some of that artistic ability into making some sweet poly/ anime poster or something :D:D:D
a poly poster would be cool! You guys sound artistically inclined for sure!

What's your sleeve of? I have some on my calf. A sleeve would be cool, but I don't have any ideas or money for that. Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 would love to see some of your designs if you want to share. What a cool side gig.

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio

What's your sleeve of? I have some on my calf. A sleeve would be cool, but I don't have any ideas or money for that. Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 would love to see some of your designs if you want to share. What a cool side gig.
My sleeve or Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 sleeve. Because mine was supposed to be some Negative space celtic line work with a helm of awe at the head of my shoulder and it just turned into an unfilled tribal. The helm of awe is in the right place and looks good though.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
What are the laps at 3:37 and 4:07? Those are some of the best looking patterns I've seen on a lap! Wow! Nice and thick.
Agree with u on these. They are settling in Kurts' tank nicely.

They're both Guinean Laps and part of the sp. Faranah group (Koloton, Koliba, Faranah lap). Some would just use the name 'Faranah lap'.
Screenshot_20170521-190332.png Screenshot_20170521-190357.png

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay

I did took my take along time to finish, my artist which is my friend went to san diego for 6yrs and just got back, he got offered a good money for a job there, but now his back and he just finish my arm sleeve.

Those are the faranah lap.

Reactions: clm08k

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay

Here are sample of the anime
IMG_5439.JPG IMG_5440.JPG
And a sample of my tattoo design, i special more on polynesian tribal
IMG_5441.JPG
IMG_5442.JPG
IMG_5443.JPG

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Agree with u on these. They are settling in Kurts' tank nicely.

They're both Guinean Laps and part of the sp. Faranah group (Koloton, Koliba, Faranah lap). Some would just use the name 'Faranah lap'.
So is there any noticeable difference between the 3?

* Faranah lap - normally a nice charcoal tone markings over tan or grayish base.

* Koloton lap - been arriving to us hobbiest the same way post 2012. Before this it was mixed often due to it being new to the hobby. Normally a Vibrant Golden/Tan/Yellow base with brown markings. Tends to have more horizontal lines and more gaps between their markings. So their vibrant base is exposed more IMO.

* Kolliba lap - Some will state it's the same fish as koloton with slight differences. It is said to be locale variant. 'Koliba' tend to have more faint dark spotting near the tail. While Koloton forms checkered patterns including the dark and light stripes. My opinion is that koliba tend to have a messier spotty pattern throughout the body. Just as their CB Koliba counterpart.

(Dark : faranah lap. Golden : Koloton)
[Media]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store