My red ackie

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Your welcome. Lol to totally different ends of the spectrum lol. They are the best. We have a really long wide couch and he has made like 5 laps in and out the pillows and across the back and to each tank on the sides in like 5mins. So yeah lots of movement. Thank you. Oh the only difference between red ackies and yellow is the reds get a little bit bigger and color of course. Check out zoo meds excavator substrate kit too its pretty cool

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Awesome ackie, sounds like he is going to have a much better life with you. Ive contemplated having an ackie at some point. I miss reptiles, my last varanid was a Timor monitor.

Reactions: Fishysweet

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Thank you he is wonderful. Oh yeah I'm housewife so I can spend loads of time with him. yeah we went 8 years after we lost a savanna its rough. Ackies are great pets I highly recommend them. Timors are cute too.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Beautiful Ackie! Has always been one of my favorite herp species.

Thanks for the info, you've been very helpful.
I've been itching to build a viv of some kind for ages. I keep switching from dart frogs to a large desert set up. Ackies are very tempting though.
Just want a bit of movement in there and hopefully a natural setting.
Love your snakes in the other thread by the way.
I would love to see a vivarium of your design stan, judging from your aquascapes, I bet it will be stellar. I got the bug myself recently and build a small paludarium with a betta in the bottom. Waiting to find a crested or gargoyle gecko that needs re-homing for the upper section. great minds think alike I guess :)

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Awww what is your babys name?

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Beautiful Ackie! Has always been one of my favorite herp species.

I would love to see a vivarium of your design stan, judging from your aquascapes, I bet it will be stellar. I got the bug myself recently and build a small paludarium with a betta in the bottom. Waiting to find a crested or gargoyle gecko that needs re-homing for the upper section. great minds think alike I guess :)
Thanks Swami.
Yep, I've been going back and forth on what I want to set up for. Originally I liked the idea of dart frogs or vampire crabs and planned a viv full of mosses, broms, orchids and ferns. Then I liked the idea of a group of anoles or morning geckos. Then these ackies caught my eye. I've also thought about a viv for musk turtles.
It would be nice to set something up without water to worry about. I like the idea of scaping a large viv without the inconvenience water can add to using certain plants materials and methods.
It's all still in the research stage at the moment but I hope to be starting on something soon.
Your build sounds interesting. Maybe you could start a thread on it once you have your land critter.

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Yes bring on the ackie builds!! I'm having to do a special needs build for Abraxos because he only has his 2 thumbs on his hands so he cant climb well. I have penn plax lizard lounge bridge and mat on the way for him. Hopefully he can climb them good. I found out today that the person that had him had a bunch of them together when they were little and they were picking on each other that's what happened to his fingers toes and eye lid.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store