MY RED SEA AQUARIUM BUILD THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
No harm intended, but if you're counting the days until your next fish you're approaching the whole SW thing wrong.
Just closely monitor the tank over the next month or two, post lots of pics here, and you/the members here will see when your tank is ready for another fish!;)

Sent from my Toaster

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
Drsfosterandsmith are the best. I get things in 2 days from them, but granted they are in the same state :).

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
Also biggles if you REALLY want to do something with your tank, try teaching your fish to eat from your hand. All my puffers, my ctenopoma, and my clown eat from my hand.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
FYI inTank mediabaskets is not an outdated sketchy website. If you do your research you'll learn that they're one of the best companies to buy all your accessories for if you own an AIO reef (you do)

doveandgrenade

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2012
Canada
Also biggles if you REALLY want to do something with your tank, try teaching your fish to eat from your hand. All my puffers, my ctenopoma, and my clown eat from my hand.

Any vids of you handing feeding the puffer? Also what kind of puffer and was it easy to get it to hand feed?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
My Valentini and my dwarf hand feed. I could make a vid, but I first have to get him through krill withdrawal (he is in rehab.) my ctenopoma is the most fun to hand feed, I can hold it a few inches above the surface and he will jump up to get it!
Training them isn't all that hard. Take their favorite food that is big enough to hold in your fingers, like a clam, and make sure they eat it without you holding it. In my case my puffer hates clam, so I would always do it with krill. Then start holding the food with the tips of your fingers and offering it to him, and if he doesn't take it from your fingers, just drop it in after about a minute. Eventually he will just take it right or lit of your fingers, and will soon I after your fingers! It took about 2-3 months to get my dwarf to eat from my fingers. My clown just doesn't care, when I am working with corals or moving things around in the tank, we will swim over to my arm and just bite me! Good luck!
Sorry for the derail biggles :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store