My Reptile business

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
So I have a really cool business plan and he it is.So I wanna get a male for nugget. Then eventually after selling some of the babies get another pair and keep breeding and selling. Then after getting like 2 more pairs after that, start getting into gargoyle geckos and starting off with 1 pair them maybe get a few more. I’d sell these on MFK, a website, and at expos, I could do raffles and expo day deals to boost my stand and my YouTube channel and website. So in the end I’ll just hatch gargoyles and cresteds and sell them any way I can. And I can even get more pairs of either ones depending on which sells better and what I’m able to get. The end game is selling the gargoyles in a 10g tank at expos for around 200$ and for the cresteds I’d do pet carriers and sell them for 80$. Then I’d do like a 29g tank raffle and do like 7$ a ticket. Keep in mind id decorate the 10 and 29 gallon tanks so that they’ll boost people’s attention. Then maybe one day I’ll do a one day sale at the expo and bring down the price. So say I sell 4 gargoyles for 200$ I’d make 800$ then if I sold 8 cresteds For 80$ I’d make 640$ more then if I sell some online or even at my local pet stores. And if I get a lot of subs on YT I’ll be able to make even MORE money on there too. This seems like a lot but this is definitely a long term plan and deal. Because the geckos only lay 2 eggs a month. And I can do other small and basic lizards like anoles and leopards because they’re high demand. Which would be an after thought. If this all works I’d make a lot of money and be able to buy whatever I want and maybe can even buy a nice car or even a mortgage on a house one day. Especially if I get like 10 pairs of gargoyles.

Reactions: Fishnerd360

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
But I feel like ONLY having cresteds and gargoyles will make money yes. But if I add another reptile to the mix say leopard geckos, I can make more money. Is there anything else I can do? And should I breed them too?

Reactions: Fishnerd360

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Also any tips business wise that’s be very helpful also some tips for when I do breed them would also be appreciated

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Also a name, the best one I have currently is sticky fingers.

Edit: I also can't breed any kinds of snakes

Last edited:

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
But I feel like ONLY having cresteds and gargoyles will make money yes. But if I add another reptile to the mix say leopard geckos, I can make more money. Is there anything else I can do? And should I breed them too?
Leopard geckos seem easy to breed, the fancier/higher priced ones can make good money.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Interesting proposition you propose, I look forward to any potential updates with most interest.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Just saying - If it were that easy more people would be doing. The breeder I got my geckos from made about $1600 in profit from one very good male, 3 good females and another pair. While that's decent money it's also a huge time investment to spray all the geckos, make sure the babies are eating & shedding, managing customers, and so on.

With youtube, expos and high gecko volumes you're looking at a MASSIVE time (and financial) investment. Start with Nugget and a male then see how well that goes before dreaming of the hordes of money you can get. Plus, looking at this with massive financial incentive sucks a lot of the fun out of it.

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Just saying - If it were that easy more people would be doing. The breeder I got my geckos from made about $1600 in profit from one very good male, 3 good females and another pair. While that's decent money it's also a huge time investment to spray all the geckos, make sure the babies are eating & shedding, managing customers, and so on.

With youtube, expos and high gecko volumes you're looking at a MASSIVE time (and financial) investment. Start with Nugget and a male then see how well that goes before dreaming of the hordes of money you can get. Plus, looking at this with massive financial incentive sucks a lot of the fun out of it.
Yeah at first I wasn’t to worried about the money but after doing a lot of research I realized I CAN make a lot of money doing it. But I kinda have to start with nugget and a male and maybe keep one of the babies and grow it out and make that one a breeder. But this project will take me 2-3 years to complete.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store