My rockwork...what to do

aae0130

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2018
Got something that may work for you.

It’s a thin polyethylene poster board material that is available plenty of colors. You could get the black background you want. It’s thin and rolls up easily. You could encapsolate some stainless steel washers on the back edges with silicone. Then put it in the tank with a few magnets on the outside back to keep it attached without modifying your tank. Most variants of pe plastic are aquarium and food safe. I design medical instruments and joint implants for a living and I regularly incorporate fda approved pe in my designs. Here is a link to it......you could do this for under 20 bucks.

https://www.dickblick.com/products/pacon-plastic-posterboard/#photos

Reactions: RD. and Wharf

Wharf

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2018
Pasadena
Now that's critical thinking and good suggestion. I will definitely take this into consideration because it is easy to cut and work with compared to the universal rock backgrounds (they look amazing but I fear trying to get one through the top of my acrylic tank and properly mounted would scratch and massacre my tank...especially with livestock).

I am an RN so that's cool you design medical instruments and prosthetic joints etc.

My background is actually darker blue, but my light was so bright and in the back that it looks much lighter. RD suggested I move the light to the front of the tank for the Frontosa and it has helped alot. I will probably store the 72 inch fixture as well and get a 48 inch LED as well.

Reactions: RD. and aae0130
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store