My Scaly Boi Collection

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
After I moved out I took a hiatus from fishkeeping because of the unpredictability of the situation. No matter what, I've always found a way to keep a few pets especially since I like animals more than most humans. During that time I turned to herps because they're generally low maintenance if you give them their basic necessary living conditions, they're cheap to feed [usually], and, being a carpenter, I had plenty of tools and materials at my disposal to make any cage I wanted. My fiancé has always been great about supporting my hobby as well even when my cages and tanks take up a 3rd of our home :grinyes:. Here's a couple pics of my collection, I'll probably be adding a Spiny Tailed Iguana to it in the next year.

I also build custom terrariums for people from basic plywood to high end tanks with misting systems, electric doors, and other over the top add ons so if anyone needs any help or advice feel free to send me a message.

1st: My Citrus/Gold Beardy. I got him as a baby around 3" in early December of last year. Now he's pushing 19" and one chunky boy. Probably the tamest, most well behaved lizard I've owned; usually I just leave the sliding doors open for him to get fresh air flow going through the cage and take him in the shower with me. He's in a 64"x28"x17" Terrarium/nightstand I'm still building and loving life.beardy 2.jpg
beardy 4.png
beardy 3.png
Beardy 1.jpg
beardy 5.jpg

Next up is my big girl Sushii, my Asian Water Monitor. She's about 40" right now in a 8'x6'x3' growout. The smartest lizard I've owned. She's real sneaky and timid but never hisses or whips even though shes a WC monitor. Eating about a pound of fish every 3rd day.

sushii 3.JPG
sushii 2.JPG
Sushii 1.jpg

And finally my psycho Webers Sailfin Dragon. He's finally starting to get his sail after 7 or 8 months of fattening him up. Extremely ravenous but he wont eat anything aside from collard greens and small mice. Living in a 54"x30"x66" and now he's almost 17". First pic is when I brought him home.
sailfin 4.png
sailfin 2.jpg
sailfin 3.jpg
Sailfin.JPG
Sailfin 5.jpg

And of course I have to throw in a few pictures of my Pup Luna...
Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 11.51.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 1.22.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 1.23.29 PM.png

Hope you guys enjoy!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store