My Shar-Pei mix!

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I got to go back home for a bit, so I took a pic of my dog(really my parents dog cause I don't live with them anymore.) We know he has a lot of Shar-Pei in him but that's about it. Sorry about the glare, I had to edit the photo a bit because my camera sucks. View attachment 1409332
Looks like it could possibly be mixed with either a black mouthed cur or a lab, personally I'm leaning more towards the BMC just because of the slightly blackened mouth area. Beautiful dog either way tho, love big dogs.

Btw love how the cat tried to squeeze into the pic, looks like a brown tabby with white socks? I could easily be wrong as I can only see it's front legs and feet.

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
Looks like it could possibly be mixed with either a black mouthed cur or a lab, personally I'm leaning more towards the BMC just because of the slightly blackened mouth area. Beautiful dog either way tho, love big dogs.

Btw love how the cat tried to squeeze into the pic, looks like a brown tabby with white socks? I could easily be wrong as I can only see it's front legs and feet.
The cat is tabby with brown and white socks. She really likes our dog and she sleeps next to him in his bed.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
The cat is tabby with brown and white socks. She really likes our dog and she sleeps next to him in his bed.
Lol totally different from my cat then. Mine hates dogs and cats. I still got a couple scars from him from when he tried attacking my aunt's dog and my dog. There so far has been only 1 dog he would not attack outright and that was my Cane Corso Mastiff, Cadee. But that was only because she was so big and knew better then to go near him. My cat is almost all black except for 2 white spots, 1 on his chest and the second being in-between his back legs in the shape of a thong.

Your dog is pretty decent sized from how it looks in the pic. Probably not as big as cadee was but pretty close. For sure he's definitely bigger then Xena when I had her still, she was a beagle basset hound mix that was fat af.

Reactions: Cichlids keeper

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
Lol totally different from my cat then. Mine hates dogs and cats. I still got a couple scars from him from when he tried attacking my aunt's dog and my dog. There so far has been only 1 dog he would not attack outright and that was my Cane Corso Mastiff, Cadee. But that was only because she was so big and knew better then to go near him. My cat is almost all black except for 2 white spots, 1 on his chest and the second being in-between his back legs in the shape of a thong.

Your dog is pretty decent sized from how it looks in the pic. Probably not as big as cadee was but pretty close. For sure he's definitely bigger then Xena when I had her still, she was a beagle basset hound mix that was fat af.
Even though he looks pretty big he only weighs about 55-60 pounds, we don't know exactly but we will since he is going to the vet for a check up in like a month.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Even though he looks pretty big he only weighs about 55-60 pounds, we don't know exactly but we will since he is going to the vet for a check up in like a month.
Lol so about half the weight cadee was then. She was roughly 100-110lbs of pure butt wiggling love. Only problems she had was she would knock ppl over by leaning into them with her full body weight, that and she had a problem with small animals, she accidently killed a few kittens trying to play with them and got yelled at for it, ever since the third one she was always afraid of small animals thinking she'd get yelled at for being near them. She never meant to hurt anything but when your basically just a giant puppy that doesn't know its own strength well things happen.

Reactions: Cichlids keeper

galibarh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Montreal
What a beautiful dog you have! I love big dogs too, they are so much kinder than little dogs. I was given a Labrador puppy for Christmas, and now this wonderful little girl is getting settled in my home. I've long dreamed of a chocolate-colored Labrador girl, and now my parents have fulfilled my dream. By the way, while they were at my house for Christmas, they loved the puppy so much that they also bought a little sister for themselves when they came home. I explained to them how to take care of the dog, and I sent them some dog training websites, look here . So that was our Christmas miracle this year!

JeanGuzman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2022
Oh, he's a cutie! I'm sorry you had to leave him behind when you went home - that must be tough. I'm sure he misses you a lot. As for his breed, it's hard to say for sure without seeing him in person. He definitely has some Shar-Pei in him, but there could be mixed other breeds. If you're not sure, you could always take him to a vet or dog groomer, and they may be able to give you a better idea. Thanks for sharing his picture with us. He's a very handsome dog.

JeanGuzman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2022
Oh, he's a cutie! I'm sorry you had to leave him behind when you went home - that must be tough. I'm sure he misses you a lot. As for his breed, it's hard to say for sure without seeing him in person. He definitely has some Shar-Pei in him, but there could be mixed other breeds. If you're not sure, you could always take him to a vet or dog groomer, and they may be able to give you a better idea. Thanks for sharing his picture with us. He's a very handsome dog.
Maybe your dog Is a service dog?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store