My silver aro has eaten a suction cup please help

Its your boi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2019
Thanks everyone for your advices. The fish is acting normal. I asked a doctor about this and he said if the fish is acting normal there is nothing to worry. And the fish will be able to digest it overtime. I don't know if that's true? Does anyone have ideas?

Regeneration

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2015
Vietnam
What kind of “doctor” did you ask lol? and of course he says if he’s acting normal he’s fine until the day you wake up and see the arowana floating due to digestive problems or even bladder issues, anyway nothing you can do now but wait it out and learn from your mistake. gl

Its your boi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2019
What kind of “doctor” did you ask lol? and of course he says if he’s acting normal he’s fine until the day you wake up and see the arowana floating due to digestive problems or even bladder issues, anyway nothing you can do now but wait it out and learn from your mistake. gl
Thanks everyone. I really hope that he will be able to throw it out

Katie_Ca

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2018
GTA - Ontario, Canada
Keep a lookout in the tank for the suction cup every few hours.

My silver aro swallowed a small sponge together with a lead weight, you know, the ones that come attached to the bottom of live plants when you first buy them. I figured I'd leave it attached to the plants for a while...well, the plants died and floated away leaving the rest looking like a ball. Next thing I knew, the sponge and lead disappeared. I saw the aro's belly and it freaked me out...it's LEAD, definitely not digestible and toxic. I took him out and pryed open his mouth to see if I can see it to pull it out but it was nowhere to be seen.

After freaking out for a day and a half, fortunately, I found this pinkish ball on the bottom the the tank...with the lead intact. It was pink due to the food sticks in his diet.

Stop worrying, yours would probably do the same.

Its your boi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2019
Keep a lookout in the tank for the suction cup every few hours.

My silver aro swallowed a small sponge together with a lead weight, you know, the ones that come attached to the bottom of live plants when you first buy them. I figured I'd leave it attached to the plants for a while...well, the plants died and floated away leaving the rest looking like a ball. Next thing I knew, the sponge and lead disappeared. I saw the aro's belly and it freaked me out...it's LEAD, definitely not digestible and toxic. I took him out and pryed open his mouth to see if I can see it to pull it out but it was nowhere to be seen.

After freaking out for a day and a half, fortunately, I found this pinkish ball on the bottom the the tank...with the lead intact. It was pink due to the food sticks in his diet.

Stop worrying, yours would probably do the same.
Thanks that does make me feel better

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store