My snakehead lost his tail

RedWild

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2006
Hong Kong
Hello everyone.

My friend has a little giant snakehead which lost its tail during a fight with another bigger snakehead, so he gave me that poor fish since I asked if I can adopt it.

I have a question that if the tail will ever grow back. The tail got bitten off to the body a little bit, not just only the tail fin.

Thanks so much everyone.

Best

jasonb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2005
no where :P
aww the poor guy :( i had a catfish that once lost his tail fin and fully grew it back but it was only the tail fin

pallestopheles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Germany
hi....
If the fin base is not damged too much,it will recover,mabe a little bit smaller and not as beautifull as it was,sometimes parts will be missing forever.....
it is important,that you seperate the fish into a small tank,with clean water,maybe with some Almond leavesas well....

I had it from time,to time, that the tail was completly bitten off.......the fish survives ,but it was just the half of it....the rest was gone.
If it is this way the fish should not be kept with any other snakeheads again,because it is not able to flee if it is under attack....
Snakeheads are really tough,but make sure,they will not get any bacterial or fungal infection during curing process!

Best Regards from Germany!
Pascal

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store