Status
Not open for further replies.

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
Thanks for all the advice, ok here's an update.

Yesterday caught another one off my local reservior. It's 1 inch bigger and when i put it into the tank, the current 9incher starts to darken in colors (it been looking pale most of the time) The new one slightly bolder and darker in color and sometimes check out the minnows swimming around, but both not eating. Hope the pale one starts eating soon, kinda heart-breaking to see him pale like that.

btw my tank bottom is empty, is that alright. The sh likes to probe the bottom with their head/body.
Sgland,

Is your tank glass or acrylic??... If there is a reflection that can be seen by the fish... (from bottom of tank)... then I would probably add a thin layer of pea gravel to the tank. I also would add a few floating plants as well. They are most likely still trying to adapt to their new home/environment/surroundings. The Acclimation & Adapting period,,, probably the most important & crutical stages for them! :uhoh: Keep tank lights off or lightly dim for the time being... (1st week or 2 at least?)... do allow some natural sunlight to come into the tank (not directly... nor not too dark)... enough to still be able to keep a safe eye out on them. Keep close observation & monitor any changes in behavior... Hope this was some help to you??... Keep us updated and GL! :headbang2

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
imho
if they dont eat withen a week or 2

i would throw them back and try again

sgland

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Singapore
Ok, here's an update and it's good news! :cheers: My reds eating! They bascially wipe out the whole minnows lot.

Here's what i did (not sure if & which did the trick though)
1) added thin layer of gravel (size 1-3mm) and the 2 reds became more relax, not as spooked looking as b4
2) added some water plants and wow they totally settled down. They like swimming between the plants, hiding behind them and resting under them.
3) after the plants i immediately added some shrimps and some irresistable wringingly feeder catfishs and they started picking up on them.

My guess is the plants settled them down and the catfish fired their feeding instincts.

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
Ok, here's an update and it's good news! My reds eating! They bascially wipe out the whole minnows lot.

Here's what i did (not sure if & which did the trick though)
1) added thin layer of gravel (size 1-3mm) and the 2 reds became more relax, not as spooked looking as b4
2) added some water plants and wow they totally settled down. They like swimming between the plants, hiding behind them and resting under them.
3) after the plants i immediately added some shrimps and some irresistable wringingly feeder catfishs and they started picking up on them.

My guess is the plants settled them down and the catfish fired their feeding instincts.
Congrats! :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store