My tapeworm...or is is a flat, segmented worm of another class?

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
The LFS was deworming some Pbass and these were crawling all over the tank. I had to have one. It's been alive in this vase for weeks now and I'm not sure how it's surviving. I found it wrapped around the base of a plant, so perhaps it's eating bacteria there?

Dark Jester

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2010
That's sick dude. :screwy: :ROFL:
Kinda surprised it's still alive though. Usually parasitic worms need a host or they die pretty fast. Wonder if it's not actually a parasite? No idea on what species it is..

Dayvydp

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
CTEX
That's pretty cool, I'm not sure what it is though. I'm sure you'll get an answer pretty soon

Jmata

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
Riverside, CA
Thats crazy. Has it grown any since you have had it?

Otto_VonBacon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Montgomery TEXAS
Everything I know about tape worms tells me they're a white, flat, wide, really long thing. I don't think it's a tape worm. Probably some other type of flatworm.

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
Everything I know about tape worms tells me they're a white, flat, wide, really long thing. I don't think it's a tape worm. Probably some other type of flatworm.
Yes, the color! That's what rings the doubt bell. Thanks for the input. Must be some other flatworm then. Most flatworms eat bacterial mulm, right?

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
?

I always think your name is 'the-untidy-one' then realize it's 'the-unyted-one' and wonder if the 'y' in 'unyted' means something special...

What's wrong with keeping lower life forms in glass containers? Don't you do that?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store