my terrariums

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
idk i might try using some of it
its very weathered but light like paper so probably only good for terrariums
I'd bathe it in ammonia or vinegar first to help disinfect the wood along with killing off the fungus. Also I would try to split the pieces in half and scrape out the insides to make lil makeshift vertical caves for the anoles to hide in if they so choose. I find that most animals, if provided with enough hiding locations, tend not to hide just because they feel safe knowing there are places everywhere to hide. Could also hot glue some dried moss onto the outside of the wood to give it more of rain forest kind of vibe. Kinda like what I did with my bearded dragon tank I made, made it to kind of look like the inside of a cave/burrow. But yeah I used dried moss and glued it to the ceiling of his tank to give it more of a subterranean vibe with what looked like plant roots poking out. Here's a pic of how his tank looked while I still had him.

IMG_20190219_160929125.jpg

IMG_20190219_160940061.jpg

IMG_20190417_205559501.jpg

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
are you going to paint the foam?
Lol no I never did end up painting it. Now that Ed is gone I might take some time to clean it out and work on it, make it look a bit better. Right now it's just sitting empty in the garage collecting dust and cobwebs. I may even scrap the whole cave idea and go with a different theme and a different reptile instead.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store