My two parrot fish keep biting the stingray

Natalie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2007
Florida
HPIZZLE;4282260; said:
well, if i understand what i read, hes tried to put them together twice, so ultimately its gunna come down to one or the other, and obviously(since this is the stingray forum:screwy:) people are gunna tell him to keep the ray, and obviously get rid of the parrots in turn.
I understand that they won't work together, I think people are just handling it very immaturely...

PeteLockwood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2009
Westfield NJ
Natalie;4282413; said:
I think people are just handling it very immaturely...
It's called having a sense of humor. Pretty sure nobody that posted in this thread thinks he should flush his fish - most of us probably wouldn't even flush dead fish.

CHR15_19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2010
United Kingdom
you shouldnt trust a fish which cant even close it's mouth lol,
at the end of the day i would either move the parrots or donate them to my LFS as have had to do that in the past with them

manlyfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
michigan
sell your ray you've had your parrots longer and you really like them or try adding some diff fish to distract the parrots

jeffers

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2009
southern indiana
i had lots of fish for long times before i had rays but after i put a ray in fish keeping was never the same, now its just ray keeping. i have a few fish in with my rays but if there is any trouble at all then the fish are out of there.

so now its time to make the judgement cause one of them have to go. and for all the immature people out there. parrots are too big for the toilet you should know better.... they have to go through the blender first ;)

Natalie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2007
Florida
PeteLockwood;4282942; said:
It's called having a sense of humor. Pretty sure nobody that posted in this thread thinks he should flush his fish - most of us probably wouldn't even flush dead fish.
Hmm, ok. Believe me, I appreciate a good laugh, I just read it as being mean. Moving on...

Novaman1967

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Ontario Canada
When i had my parrots and they were being overly aggressive, i did not flush them, couldnt do that to any live animal, i found a home for them, my sister in law took them, and they are happy in the tank they are in.

Just make a decision as to what to keep, or separate them and put them in a different tank from the ray. If you are like most of us in here, you more than likely have many or a few extra tanks floating around that can be put to use in emergencys or in the case like you have.

Good luck

Regards Novaman

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
I would not even flush a cockroach it is cruel.

Having said that...this thread is like "my 20 year old Ford will not fit in the garage with my brand new Bentley, what should I do?"

IMO the ugly man made hybrid should go and the Ray should stay BUT if you love the parrots then keep what you love but do not keep them together is they hurt the ray. (one mans meat is another mans poison and that is what makes lifes rich tapestry interesting)

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
My Blood Red Parrots push my Peacock Bass around, don't sweat it, they can hurt anything..........

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store