My west-african Aquarium

rommer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2010
The Netherlands, Leeuwarden
Hi All,

I'm new her. And her is an short introduction. First of all I would like to say I'm from Holland and my english isn't very good (good enough to read and write but not without some spelling errors).

Now to the point. I'm really in to West Africa. I've had an 1 metre biotope for years. This tank:

But a few months ago, i went a little bit bigger, and placed a 2 metre aquarium in the living room (about 800 litre). Kind of a monstertank i think :)

In this tank are now swimming:
8x Epiplatys infrafasciatus
20x Arnoldichthys spilopterus
4x pelvicachromis taeniatus ndonga
2x pelvicachromis pulcher ndonga
2x benitochromis finleyi “mungo bleu”

Not really monsterfish so far. For those who are thinking what the hell am i doing her without any monsterfish. My plans are to add this fishes to the tank:

3 or 4 x ctenopoma acutirostre
8x synodontis nigriventris
5x Pantodon buchholzi
1x Gnathonemus petersii
3x Erpetoichthys calabaricus

I gues that sounds better for you guy's

Now some pictures:

Andrewtfw

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Maryland
I too love westies and your tanks (especially the first one) are done beautifully. Pelvicachromis are some of my favorites, but I am partial to the Dehane and Moliwe variations. I do not have any right now, but I do have six Pelmatochromis Nigrofasciatus wich are another favorite westie of mine. Thanks for sharing your tanks and fish.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Fish look great, the tanks are outstanding. The first one especially. Westies don't get enough love, so it's always nice seeing some effort put into them.

rommer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2010
The Netherlands, Leeuwarden
Thanks! The first one took me years to make him so great! And I really loved the look of it. But the bigger the better for fish and the new one is so more fun to watch because it has more fish and more space for naturial behavior. I hope over time the new one will become just as great looking.

Options

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
A real work of art. Beautiful tank man!

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Fantastic tanks buddy.

Steve

kmc150

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2010
ri
that is a wicked nice tank setup

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
Just so you know, the pantodon (african butterfly fish) can be territorial with each other. It's a big tank so it might not be a problem, though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store