Myleus schomburgkii (black belt silver dollar) feeding?

Seedy J

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2018
Colorado, USA
I know that they're mostly herbivores, but how often and how much should you feed them? I got a school of 5 that are 2-3" long a week ago. They didn't eat much at first but they're getting settled in and are starting to develop an appetite. I've been feeding a small amount of spirulina flakes twice a day, and some NLS Spectrum or a piece of an Omega One algae wafer once every few days. I'll also start feeding them fresh veggies on occasion. Anything else I should be feeding them or doing differently?

bbsd.jpg

Chefken

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT
They eat everything anytime....my larger guys....4-5" will eat everything from flake to massivore....from krill to whole silversides. They are only vegetarian if you only feed them vegetables!!! I feed once a day skipping one or two days a week. I have other fish with them and they eat whatever I feed.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I recently brought home two of them about the size of half dollar coin.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Seedy J

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2018
Colorado, USA
OK, sounds easy enough... just keep them fed, mostly with veggie-based foods.

Chefken Chefken we seem to have similar taste in fish (SDs and lenticulata pikes)... don't tell me you've got a Heros severus Curare in there too :D.

Chefken

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT
OK, sounds easy enough... just keep them fed, mostly with veggie-based foods.

Chefken Chefken we seem to have similar taste in fish (SDs and lenticulata pikes)... don't tell me you've got a Heros severus Curare in there too :D.
nope.......mata mata turtle in tank with Vampire pleco and Syndont cat....The Angelfish and Kelberi in tank are moving to my new 180 tomorrow am.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
At least once a day. You can feed twice a day just don't overfeed to much at once. Some days you can skip if you forget.. My widebars are 15"
Wow,got any photos?

Reactions: Seedy J
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store