Mysterious Death to My School of Roseline Sharks

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
Still, you had an airstone in there, that is a mystery for sure, how long were they in the drum and how long did it take your son to catch them?
It took my son about 25 min to catch the livestock: 10 discus (4-5 inches), 11 clown loaches, 10 roseline sharks, 10 Cardinal tetras & 5 plecos. I removed all plants & driftwoods prior. As I stated previously, the first one died after 20 minutes and the last one died after the 2 hr mark in the holding bin.

Yes, I had the air stone in there before the fishes went in. I used a big air stone with a strong pump too. These roseline sharks originated from fast moving water high in oxygen as stated Drstrangelove. They weren't exactly gasping for air when dying...some were found dead at the bottom of the bin.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
And everything else survived fine? Strange for sure. I hope your mystery deaths are behind you, ten roselines is a bit of cash, ouch!

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
And everything else survived fine? Strange for sure. I hope your mystery deaths are behind you, ten roselines is a bit of cash, ouch!
Ya...only thing that died were the roselines. Saw some at a local fish store for $10 each at 1 1/5 inch...mine were at 4 inches anch thick. Hard to start over with little ones. The more the better...they look so good in a school.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Try wetspottropicalfish.com they usually have healthy stock. Good luck, I am thinking about getting a dozen but that is$150 plus shipping

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
I lost 17 fully grown matures last week with a similar instance alongside with 12 clown loaches, I've got 5 left, I feel your lost.
Hmmm...I'm very interested in what happened. Water change? Transfer of fishes to another tank? Did all your roselines die? All 10 of my clown loaches are fine.

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
Just bought 12 more roselines. They're about 1 1/2 inches...so much smaller than the 4 inchers that died. I was told that these guys go into shock very easily...as if they undergo a sudden heart attack. Glad to have these guys and will have to grow them out for their color to come out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store