Mystery flowerhorn

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
No hoping someone can figure it out
My guess is is that it was probably ment to be a Red Shock Flowerhorn but it just never faded fully. Probably one from someone's rejects for not having the correct traits right away. Seems like it's come along quite well even tho it took longer then most to fade. Very nice looking and kind of reminds me of my lil lady with the left over black color in the fins. This is my girl btw if I haven't shown ya already lol, she's a red dragon fader so not as intensely red like yours is but she does have some nice pearling.

cameringo_20200730_215113.jpg

gourami guru

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2017
I agree with oii I see trimac in it due to its flowers and colors. Could have the potential to get really big if its genetics lean towards trimac.

Reactions: Deadeye

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Seems like you have classic kamfa, also called F1, offspring of a flowerhorn x vieja (parrots are used in few cases instead of vieja but doesn't seem like in this one) as vieja shape is showing so well. The fader gene that gets passed on caused fading in this case. I would definitely try to keep it breeding with a red dragon you have or a kml, you will get some nice F2 babies.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store